Potential Father/Son thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Potential Father/Son thread

spook said:
Hardly one decision. More like the straw that broke the camel's back.

We've traded away a first-rounder and three second-rounders for Yarran, Prestia and Caddy. That's mortgaging your future for the now. If it doesn't pay off, everyone involved must go.

Exactly. Maybe you can get through to Tigertough. Or just watch the meltdown on PRE in 2017 if Prestia is another huge bust if you want further proof (after Yarran, surely not conceivable).

spook said:

We've traded away a first-rounder and three second-rounders for Yarran, Prestia and Caddy. That's mortgaging your future for the now. If it doesn't pay off, everyone involved must go.

I think were not far apart to be honest, I am saying in response to my original statement that this one player will not determine the football departments future.

I agree the Yazz decision in hindsight has hurt as well some other decisions, the football department has already gone through massive changes and I am sure as per constant evolvement we will go through more as time moves forward.

Who do you suggest falls in their collective swords if Prestia doesn't work out? Franks already gone, of course most would say BH and possibly Richo, I think they are already under heat, one was demoted and the other only receiving a 1 year extension, hardly feeling much love with a 1 year extension.

I think they are all under pressure and with a new boss in Balmey they will be held to account, I agree its a collective assessment and who knows who made which decisions as supporters..

turk-d-tiger said:
If Peter Wright continues his development and looks like he will become a real foward beast that can go through the ruck

2 x 1st rounders people say NOOOOOOOO

But would we give up 2 1st rounders for J.Cameron or Lynch - For sure

2MP looks like he is heading that way

I'd definitely look at that for 2MP. Even better would be a 1st and B Ellis IMO. 2MP would be perfect for us. I hadn't realised how good he was till I say him live when we played them at the G this year. His hands are like big Twavs gloves!!

spook said:

With that thinking 100%.

Back to Naish, heard his decision making and kicking was elite on the track. Really impressed. Never lost his composure and was super quick in picking up the details of the game plan and what was needed on each drill. Still very slight but I'd all but book him in to be on the list in 2018.

SCOOP said:
With that thinking 100%.

Back to Naish, heard his decision making and kicking was elite on the track. Really impressed. Never lost his composure and was super quick in picking up the details of the game plan and what was needed on each drill. Still very slight but I'd all but book him in to be on the list in 2018.

Which Camel? as our friends were talking the whole football department, but that cant be right as they've all been replaced other than a few.... as per my last few posts, think Richo and hartley are on thin ice.... Hardly what was originally posted, dions knees will make or break the footy department hahaha........ :rofl

Think vickers might pay for that, OH thats right he's gone also, no the development guys, they've gone also hahaha

Yep the footy department will love and die by this decision..... clap :rofl

so you talking Dan, BH, or AGAIN the whole footy department?? :help

spook said:

Hawthorn traded that away for one player, with dodgy knees.

(1st round, 2 x second round, 3rd round and 4th round). I thing we paid a fair or cheap price. Would have won if Yarran had worked out.

It was mentioned in an article a day or so ago that Paul Brodericks son is also available to us this year. Anyone know if he is worth a spot?

WesternTiger said:
It was mentioned in an article a day or so ago that Paul Brodericks son is also available to us this year. Anyone know if he is worth a spot?

From whats been posted in various sites he looks to be a very late or rookie selection

I hope he has is old mans vision, skill and quick hands.

I also hope he has a lot more foot speed than his old man.

Broders said:
I hope he has is old mans vision, skill and quick hands.

I also hope he has a lot more foot speed than his old man.
toughness as well. his old man would run head 1st into a brick wall if he had to.

Jonesracing82 said:
toughness as well. his old man would run head 1st into a brick wall if he had to.

Yeah agree Jonesey. Broders is one of my all time favorite Tigers.

Not sure if he's been mentioned before but Matty Knights son Zac has made the Geelong Falcons development squad.