Potential Father/Son thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Potential Father/Son thread

Yeah it had a NBA All Star game feel to it, all attack with a bit of defense.

But writing Pat off after that game is a bit much

Ghost of 29 said:
Yeah it had a NBA All Star game feel to it, all attack with a bit of defense.

But writing Pat off after that game is a bit much

Very much so an attacking game, what alarmed me was his lack of pace & his kicking (1*OOF, 1 dribbler turnover & 2 efficient)

SCOOP said:
Nothing to panic about, we have a good one on the way.

Very excited about him. We all should be.
Doesn't he have to agree to come to the club? Until then......

The_General said:
Doesn't he have to agree to come to the club? Until then......

Yep he has to pick the club. But we should build strategy around him coming.

The buzz is real, the talent is there. Just a sublime user by foot.

Saw in the IF draft edition that Stuart Maxfields son is a very rough smokey for Sydney as a father/son. he's only played suburban/ammo footy and is 19. Didnt play enough games for the Tigers to qualify for us as a F/S.

DirtyDogTiger said:
so because he's a father-son, we have to bid for naish?

I thought others would have to bid for him. He's ours as long as we match the bid

Looks like Naish Jnr will be spending the next two weeks down at the club, along with Kane Farrell.

Bring it on!

Having said that, don't know why we didn't go for someone we are looking at but not set on, as we appear to be with Naish.

K3 said:
Looks like Naish Jnr will be spending the next two weeks down at the club, along with Kane Farrell.

Bring it on!

Having said that, don't know why we didn't go for someone we are looking at but not set on, as we appear to be with Naish.

A good opportunity to induct Naish early!

K3 said:

Bring it on!

I believe the players put the preferences in. Not the clubs.

FistFullOfDollars said:
I believe the players put the preferences in. Not the clubs.

I wouldn't have thought it would work that way. Thanks for the heads up.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Do we think a club will bid a first rounder on him?

The indications are no, 2nd round more likely, which explains why we were happy to use up next year's second round pick this year

DirtyDogTiger said:
Do we think a club will bid a first rounder on him?

No chance. He is more outside than Grigg, Houli and Ellis combined at this point.

Has skills and dancing feet but may struggle to get the ball at AFL level. Looking like a pick from 25 to 50 at this point.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Do we have a 2nd rounder for 2017?
If not, how would we match the bid?

3rd, 4th, 5th rounders added up together. or whatever rounds needed to add up to whatever value they put on him.