Potential Father/Son thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Potential Father/Son thread

NOPE dont think lamberts eligible for lions, has he was living in sydney,and 96 games is not 100, even by dodgy pro newbies at the afl.

He isn't getting a game for the Brisbane academy
I don't think he is quite at the level from what I have heard

Sorry but I just can't see no father/son of Lambert, Naish, Morris or Rioli is going to win us a premiership alone.
Nevermind after all we are delusional Richmond Supporters and always good, year after every year for a forlorn reason to believe a
Premiership window is open for us minus the hard work of a professional and sound team of club employees who knows how to draft,
recruit and trade to get us there .

th

evo said:
Guys like Scoop, Leysy, Bullus etc are not bad at spotting a good u/18 player, but it takes a special eye to spot an AFL player when they are 13 ;)

Ha, great get.

When was the last decent father-son for the Tigers? Richo.

We need to think outside the square and take up a collection to launch some paternity suits against the sterile lug.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
When was the last decent father-son for the Tigers? Richo.

We need to think outside the square and take up a collection to launch some paternity suits against the sterile lug.
Richo and Bowden. Duds in Jewell and Roach, Raines middlin..

Sounds like he is going to be a very handy pick up for us. A pity we have to wait another year to get him.

Watched Naish in first half of the u17 all stars game and didn't like what I've seen. Live on AFL app now for anyone interested.

Only had 2 touches and the player he is playing on is BOG. Major concern is that he is very outside and runs away from packs. Not close to a 1st round pick on that form

tigertime2 said:
Very poor game - no way on that game.
Just back from game and unfortunately showed very few of the traits listed in RFC pumped up article below. The biggest disappointment was a seemingly lack of pace. You could see that he was trying to be a play maker but only resulted in loose checking and being caught on turnover. Hoping it was just a bad day but people need to temper their expectations, I certainly have./color]

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-08-04/naish-named-in-elite-squad

Exciting Richmond father-son prospect Patrick Naish has been selected in the AFL Academy’s level two squad for 2017, which was announced today.

The highly-skilled, speedy, 17-year-old son of Chris Naish, who played 143 games with the Tigers from 1990-97, is one of 30 members of the level two squad, featuring those young players eligible for next year’s (2017) National Draft.

Patrick has spent 2016 as a member of the level one squad of the AFL Academy, as well as playing TAC Cup football with Northern Knights and school football for Ivanhoe Grammar.

AFL Academy coach Brenton Sanderson rates Naish highly...

“He’s played a lot of school footy this year for Ivanhoe (Grammar), but he’s back now playing with Northern (Knights),” Sanderson said on this week’s edition of AFL.com.au’s ‘Road to the 2016 Draft’ podcast.

“I think he’ll play a fair bit in the midfield in his draft year... more wing and maybe some inside mid work.

“At the moment, we’re seeing his best footy across half-back.

“He’s a very good decision-maker and exceptional kick... a perfect set-up kick across half-back.

“Looking forward to a really developing year (from Naish) this year into, hopefully, a dominant season next year.

“I really like him. I think he’s going to be a very good AFL talent.”

Nothing to panic about, we have a good one on the way.

Very excited about him. We all should be.

Go easy on him, has been a big year with school, TAC and club footy. He has probably played near on 30+ games so most likely he is in need of a break.

Speaking with someone who knows his family really well they have been really happy with his progress but know that he has some areas of his game he needs to improve as do most kids. But is a great hardworking kid so no concerns he won't knuckle down.

SCOOP said:

Looked softer than Brandon Ellis. Won't make it if he can't develop some mental and physical toughness

SCOOP said:

hes a great build and moves well.

couldnt give a stuff about a quiet, meaningless game.