Potential Father/Son thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Potential Father/Son thread

Re: father sons- father sons 2011 2012 2013

So young Lambo and young Naish could be in the same draft class. Hopefully they're both guns and we get em cheap a la Libba/Wallis.

spook said:
So young Lambo and young Naish could be in the same draft class. Hopefully they're both guns and we get em cheap a la Libba/Wallis.
Spooky exactly what we need two young goers, hopefully both top mids

Hopefully they both drop off the radar a bit over the next couple of years.

Don't want to give up early picks.

the F/S system should go back to how it was - giving up only a 3rd rd pick. If you strike gold so be it. This bidding system sucks

I prefer the bidding system - it stops a Geelong situation where they luck into Hawkins, Ablett Jr and Scarlett on the cheap

Harry said:
the F/S system should go back to how it was - giving up only a 3rd rd pick. If you strike gold so be it. This bidding system sucks
I liked that essendon had to use it to get daniher

Ty Esler said:
I prefer the bidding system - it stops a Geelong situation where they luck into Hawkins, Ablett Jr and Scarlett on the cheap

good luck to them I say. What if it was us?

uhuh uhuh said:
How about we drag Craig back to Melb as an assistant?????

Apologies if answered prior.

Who replaced Leppa when he left?
Who replaced Cambell when he left?
as the off field story that saw -
Williams massive distraction gazumped at the 11th hour as St Kilda Coach
a CEO who was from all reports close to the AFL top job.

Whilst we we have not fired a shot in the field, off field has also been a less than satisfactory scenario too. At least 2015 can only be onwards an upwards!!! We hope.

Harry said:

Agreed, in 18 years when the Cotchin triplets are eligible I'd like to use third rounders ;D

Tiger Pops said:
Apologies if answered prior.

Who replaced Cambell when he left?

Campbell spent 2013 setting up the reserves team so I am guessing noone replaced him.

Harry said:
Good Question...
For Richo I would happily give up the first round pick

For Cloke it would have made it interesting.

Bowden??? yes to Joel :)

What are you prepared to give up for Kane Johnson jr??

I know it belongs in teh Journo pages but really it is part of this discussion...

only 58 possibles from Richmond and we do not have a FS academy

Craig Lambert had a twitter exchange with trout the other day. Lambo had a photo of his youngest (i think) and said that we'll be excited in 6 years time. #canplay

If not, why are we not developing the sons of our former players ?

The Lurker said:
If not, why are we not developing the sons of our former players ?
Think we had an involvement with the sons of former players under Terry a few years ago. Did a few development / social involvement days with them each year.
With the AFL looking at altering the bidding requirements for father sons even further in future years, there'll be virtually no bonus reward for father sons other than feel good factor as clubs will be forced to pay true market price for potential kids.
AFL just keeps getting closer n closer to little blue or grey Mao suits n caps every year.