Potential Father/Son thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Potential Father/Son thread

Re: father sons- father sons 2011 2012 2013

I have no idea if Holland has any children, let alone boys. but they would be great, consider the blood line (Ben Holland and Kellaway's sister)

No 4 said:
I have no idea if Holland has any children, let alone boys. but they would be great, consider the blood line (Ben Holland and Kellaway's sister)

May struggle with kicking...

Baloo said:
yeah, you'd have to think about it seriously if they were really guns.
No, you wouldn't, only on Internet forums, not in reality.

tigertim said:
No, you wouldn't, only on Internet forums, not in reality.

The club offered Ray a game in his last year to get to 100 - he turned it down because he felt he would let down his team mates

Bit of a recent twitter exchange re: Craig Lambert's son. Looks like there could be a slight spanner in the works with the GWS academy.

Mark Romage ‏@MarkRomage
Surely, he's a future Tiger! #gotiges

Craig Lambert ‏@lambose4
If he is good enough he is father son to the tigers showing good promise #Father&Son

Mark Cook ‏@MarkCook14
Does being father/son get right of way GWS academy selection?#justwondering

Craig Lambert ‏@lambose4 Jan 19
Mark it depends on where the boys would like to play it their choice.

Reads to me like Lambo knows what his son's choice will be.

Anyone know what year junior Lamb will be entering the draft pool? And what kind of player he is?

Stylo said:
Anyone know what year junior Lamb will be entering the draft pool? And what kind of player he is?

Further reading revealed that the sons are

Billy - 15 yo
Bailey - 14 yo
Bodey - 11 yo

Billy has been playing with the GWS U15 academy side.

Not sure on any playing styles or heights etc.

geez are they dwarves from Lord of the Rings?

wayne said:
Further reading revealed that the sons are

Billy - 15 yo
Bailey - 14 yo
Bodey - 11 yo

see Craig has a sense of humor :hihi

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/inner-west/billys-got-giant-plans/story-fngr8ie3-1226654253180

The 15-year-old, from Cabarita, is this week’s nominee in the Rebel-sponsored Junior Sports Star Awards.
Billy has been selected for the NSW Combined Catholic Colleges squad who will compete in the AFL schools championships at Broken Hill next week.
‘‘It felt pretty good to be selected,’’ he said. ‘‘I really wanted to make the team and I was relieved.’’
The youngster attends Rosebank school in Five Dock and has played for Drummoyne Power for the past three years but still says he has a lot to learn. ‘‘I have good skills but I’m not a really good runner so that’s something I’m looking to improve,’’ he said.
‘‘The academy has improved me, especially my running and understanding.’’

http://newsletter.drummoynepower.com/mailing/259

Two of our Under 16 players proudly represented their school regions at the NSW All Schools Carnival at Broken Hill last week.The carnival, held over three days last, showcased some of the best 15 years talent in NSW with a state squad announced after the final to play in the National Schools Championships in Darwin during October. The quality of both individual and team performances by all 10 representative teams was top shelf stuff, with some players expected to feature prominently in future national carnivals prior to the AFL Draft in a few years time

Billy Lambert had the honour of being selected as captain of the Combined Catholic Colleges North team, leading as always by example with his honest and determined "head over the ball" style of play in the midfield. Billy was instrumental in securing his team's 4th placing in the carnival, having narrowly missed out on a place in the final after a two-point loss. Billy was mentioned in dispatches for his performances in a few of the games, and was no doubt looked at closely by the state selectors. Billy's team was ably assisted by his brother Bailey, who earned the nickname "Squirt" as the team’s water carrier.

my young bloke played against really good player yesterday who i think is Chris Naish's son.

They are playing interleague together so should get a good look at him. Hes 15, so a couple of years yet but early signs very good.

Excellent. I hope he's a ripper we can get for next to nothing.

evo said:
my young bloke played against really good player yesterday who i think is Chris Naish's son.

They are playing interleague together so should get a good look at him. Hes 15, so a couple of years yet but early signs very good.
Is he a midget?

spook said:
Is he a midget?
nah. Would be taller than his dad already. Midfielder with a really nice kick.