Potential Father/Son thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Potential Father/Son thread

Re: father sons- father sons 2011 2012 2013

Maxfield is one of the all time MF festering pr!cks whose Richmond memory needs to be 'damnatio memoriae' by all supporters.

wayne said:
Read that Chris Naish and Paul Brodericks sons are in the Nthn Knights squad
I hope they're tallish rather than Weightman short, I love the father son concept

the biggest ar-ole is david cloke who didnt give us any of his sons, current cloke should of been a tiger, imagine how we would be looking with another gun forward.

jokershoppe said:
the biggest ar-ole is david cloke who didnt give us any of his sons, current cloke should of been a tiger, imagine how we would be looking with another gun forward.

I'm pretty sure Cloke wanted all 3 sons picked by the same team. We wouldn;t commit on the duds, the Pies did.

jokershoppe said:
Iirc the boys chose Collingwood.

tigertim said:
Iirc the boys chose Collingwood.

Wasn't there the whole thing about David Clokes missus cracking the *smile* when he didn't get selected in the Richmond team of the century and vowed that their sons would never play for us, or is that an urban myth?

RFC chose Mark Coughlan over Jason Cloke and Cameron and Twavis followed him to Colonwood.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Wasn't there the whole thing about David Clokes missus cracking the sh!ts when he didn't get selected in the Richmond team of the century and vowed that their sons would never play for us, or is that an urban myth?
There was another story about Julie that she wasn't accepted by the rest of the Richmond wives and girlfriends when David was there and that's why she doesn't much care for the club. We had the opportunity to take Jason under father/son, but went for Coughlan instead, then there was having to put up with Jason and Cameron to get Travis, the only decent one of the 3. I do remember an interview with Travis on 9's Sunday Show when he was asked in his opinion who was the best of the 3 brothers and he answered 'Me Dad.' Now, I initially thought that he was rather dense, but in that family maybe it's true.

tigerlandishome said:
RFC chose Mark Coughlan over Jason Cloke and Cameron and Twavis followed him to Colonwood.
and how could anyone really question that decision ?

Mark Coughlan without the knee injuries would have been a star player, multiple B&F winner and probably captain of the club. He was actually a great choice at the pick he was taken ( mid 20's from memory ) and was a far better player than Jason Cloke. To pick Jason just to get Travis, who was probably 13-14 at the time, would have been ridiculous

History probably proved it wrong but it could have easily not been that way

Sintiger said:
and how could anyone really question that decision ?

Mark Coughlan without the knee injuries would have been a star player, multiple B&F winner and probably captain of the club. He was actually a great choice at the pick he was taken ( mid 20's from memory ) and was a far better player than Jason Cloke. To pick Jason just to get Travis, who was probably 13-14 at the time, would have been ridiculous

History probably proved it wrong but it could have easily not been that way
100% agree. Glad we avoided the Clokes.

The Clokes cost Collingwood a flag or two. In 03 Collingwood were paying 1.2 million for the three Clokes that makes 1.2 million for one AFL level player and two VFL level players.

Richmond sure dodged a bullet with the Clokes.

yandb said:
The Clokes cost Collingwood a flag or two. In 03 Collingwood were paying 1.2 million for the three Clokes that makes 1.2 million for one AFL level player and two VFL level players.

Richmond sure dodged a bullet with the Clokes.
Where did you get that figure from? It makes no sense.

Travis commenced in 2005, Cameron commenced in 2004 and in 2003 and Jason played 7 games. All 3 were in Collingwoods list in 2005/06.

I always liked Clokey when he was at the Tiges & was devastated when he went to that cr@ppy mob.

tigertim said:
Where did you get that figure from? It makes no sense.

Travis commenced in 2005, Cameron commenced in 2004 and in 2003 and Jason played 7 games. All 3 were in Collingwoods list in 2005/06.

TT you are correct in that Travis didn't start until 2005 but both his brothers were on Collingwoods list in 2003 a year that Jason played 20 games in. It was that GF game that Mick Malthouse commented that Jason had played a better game in the previous GF. (he didn't play in 2002's GF) Daddy Cloke was pretty upset about that comment.

yandb said:
TT you are correct in that Travis didn't start until 2005 but both his brothers were on Collingwoods list in 2003 a year that Jason played 20 games in. It was that GF game that Mick Malthouse commented that Jason had played a better game in the previous GF. (he didn't play in 2002's GF) Daddy Cloke was pretty upset about that comment.
Yeah, I know about the 2002 GF comment but I was asking about the $1.2m comment?

tigertim said:
Yeah, I know about the 2002 GF comment but I was asking about the $1.2m comment?

Yes I got my wires crossed on that one, but there was one season that they were pulling in that money from Collingwood.

Not sure if he's been mentioned before I noticed Nick Daffy had his boys down at my local Aus Kick tonight youngest moves and kicks the ball well.

tigerlandishome said:

This is correct. I went to school with Jason.

Deal was all three or none, everyone knew it was to get Travis. Clokes still held Collingwood to ransom, getting big contracts for Jason and Cameron before Travis agreed to go there. Collingwood got rid of them both as soon as they could.

The Clokes are all about themselves, real us against the world mentality.

Max said:
This is correct. I went to school with Jason.

Deal was all three or none, everyone knew it was to get Travis. Clokes still held Collingwood to ransom, getting big contracts for Jason and Cameron before Travis agreed to go there. Collingwood got rid of them both as soon as they could.

The Clokes are all about themselves, real us against the world mentality.

You are making it seem like it is a bad thing for a parent to look after the interests of their kids.