Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

As much as I love the Fridge he's definitely a "push to move" for me. Struggled the last few years. Always injured.

We've gotta start reducing our constantly injured player numbers. We've got way too many of them.

Looking at others as well if anyone will take them...or even de-list/bring time on a few.

Reactions: 4 users
Players will always say they want to stay unless there is definitely something else happening.

In other words players are totally committed to the club until they aren't.
Not game to say they're leaving or even thinking of looking around due to the meedjia n fan hysteria it would generate. Unlike in Rugby League where it is an understood and accepted part of a professional sporting competition.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Ryan Daniels from Ch 7 WA reported that is it is basically a done deal that Graham goes to West Coast as a Free Agent.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I'm shocked his home town Adelaide showed no interest.

Maybe West Coast have offered a higher salary and longer contract which would make it a easier choice for Graham and in turn would be good for Richmond with the compensation - hopefully Band 3 second round.

Potentially could also help West Coast with a Baker trade if West Coast help Richmond get band 3 for Graham.

Last edited:
As much as I love the Fridge he's definitely a "push to move" for me. Struggled the last few years. Always injured.

We've gotta start reducing our constantly injured player numbers. We've got way too many of them.

Looking at others as well if anyone will take them...or even de-list/bring time on a few.
Think he only missed around 6 games from 21 to 23 (1, 2 & 3 games). This year is the first he's missed substantial time for a few years.

I think he'll get another gig depending on whether there's a mass exodus of the others being touted in the age bracket or WC give him a silly offer.

He’s been a good servant of the club, and played well in some big games for us.

But frankly, he’s miles off where you need to be to play AFL football in 2024. Not totally his fault, that’s just the way it is.

The best time to move him on was a few years ago when he was touring the facility at Port Adelaide. The second-best time is now.

Think he only missed around 6 games from 21 to 23 (1, 2 & 3 games). This year is the first he's missed substantial time for a few years.

I think he'll get another gig depending on whether there's a mass exodus of the others being touted in the age bracket or WC give him a silly offer.
Hasn't played in 9 games this year.

Didn't play in 3 games in 2023. 3 games again in 2022. Played all games in 2021. Did not play in 5 games in 2020. Did not play in 9 games in 2019.

Pattern ?

I'm happy for him to go to WCE, begin de-risking this injury prone list a bit, and get more of our players out on the ground more consistently.

Reactions: 2 users
Hasn't played in 9 games this year.

Didn't play in 3 games in 2023. 3 games again in 2022. Played all games in 2021. Did not play in 5 games in 2020. Did not play in 9 games in 2019.

Pattern ?

I'm happy for him to go to WCE, begin de-risking this injury prone list a bit, and get more of our players out on the ground more consistently.
Yes granted has had injuries this year but only 6 games in previous 3 years. Would have been in top 3 or 4 for most games played in that 3 year period at the Tigers. Below average across the competition.

I'm not here nor there on whether he leaves or not. He is in that age group where we are apparently losing many experienced players so just looking at it from the Tigers thinking point of view.

Yes granted has had injuries this year but only 6 games in previous 3 years. Would have been in top 3 or 4 for most games played in that 3 year period at the Tigers. Below average across the competition.

I'm not here nor there on whether he leaves or not. He is in that age group where we are apparently losing many experienced players so just looking at it from the Tigers thinking point of view.
If you think Jack Graham is a relatively safe bet the next 2-3 years on the injury front you're crazy. Who cares about the age group when you're a big chance to not be out there leading or contributing ???

If you think Jack Graham is a relatively safe bet the next 2-3 years on the injury front you're crazy. Who cares about the age group when you're a big chance to not be out there leading or contributing ???
I have no idea whether Graham is a safe bet on the injury front in the future, I never claimed to, neither do you. But my initial response to you was in respect to your claim that he was constantly injured. I don't consider 6 games across 3 seasons prior to this year constantly injured. If that is so than the majority of the competition's players are injured constantly, in which case we should offload many of our players including Hopper & Taranto.

I have no idea whether Graham is a safe bet on the injury front in the future, I never claimed to, neither do you. But my initial response to you was in respect to your claim that he was constantly injured. I don't consider 6 games across 3 seasons prior to this year constantly injured. If that is so than the majority of the competition's players are injured constantly, in which case we should offload many of our players including Hopper & Taranto.
He's missed 9 games this year. 6 in the preceding 3 years and then 14 games in the 2 years before that.

And that's not constantly injured ? You think that's normal ? You have a tendency to try to pick the eyes out of a lot of things, but this is ridiculous !

Note: using Hopper and Taranto would not be a wise point of reference for most people.

Last edited:
He's missed 9 games this year. 6 in the preceding 3 years and then 14 games in the 2 years before that.

And that's not constantly injured ? You think that's normal ? You have a tendency to try to pick the eyes out of a lot of things, but this is ridiculous !

Note: using Hopper and Taranto would not be a wise point of reference for most people.
Yeh, I am in the camp he is somewhat injury prone and a risk moving forward. And he is barely consistent at the best of times, he never comes back and plays well. Seems to take a few games to work into "form". If we got any pick under 40 it is good value for a questionable player in a future context.

6 games in 3 years prior to this is not constant (played 62 of 68 games, pretty good) , far less time injured than average across the comp. In 2021 for example, there were on average 33.6 new injuries per club, that's alot of players. Like I said he played more games than most in those 3 years for the Tigers. Yes I do tend to pick the eyes out of factually incorrect statements made without proper research. Is that wrong? Plenty of it made on PRE, even me at times. I'll usually admit a mistake in statement if pointed out. But hey be stubborn 😛. Moving on now 👍.

Yeh, I am in the camp he is somewhat injury prone and a risk moving forward. And he is barely consistent at the best of times, he never comes back and plays well. Seems to take a few games to work into "form". If we got any pick under 40 it is good value for a questionable player in a future context.
Yep. I love the guy but let's acknowledge he's a risk going forward, as you say. If we only had a few of these players we could maybe carry him, but we've got a heap of them. Things have to give on this front. It's a huge issue for us.