Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig

Congratulations Brad!

I've got very high hopes for this lad in the coming years.
Hopefully he and the team have a cracking game first up.

gustiger12 said:
Great to see the club honoring its word and playing all the kids. This is a refreshing change to the Wallace era.

:clap
Actions following the words; nice.
It's a great direction for the club.

Smoking Aces said:
Helbig seems to be the quiet achiever during this years pre-season. Not much has been said about him but is a real smokey to debut against Carlton.
I am looking forward to seeing how he goes today against Adelaide. He could play that high half forward role similar to what he did back in Adelaide with spells in the middle. From all accounts doesnt mind the hard stuff which would no doubt please Dimma.
;D

Named in a forward pocket. Living in Darwin, I have no idea about him. Can anyone describe what type of player he is. Who's he like??

hopper said:
Named in a forward pocket. Living in Darwin, I have no idea about him. Can anyone describe what type of player he is. Who's he like??

I liken him to a Dayne Beams, although I think young Helbig is harder at the ball and in the next few years we will see him move into a midfield role until his body develops and has a big enough engine to run out a full game.

To be honest I'm more excited about this kid then any of our other draftees, could be the goal kicking HF/Midfielder we have been looking for.

Helbig is backed heavily in PYMPS. I hope he kicks a handful.

hopper said:

His player type would be Paul Chapman hopper. He obviously has a million miles to go to get there but purely on player type that is who he resembles to leysy.

Haven't seen an AFL player wearing braces for a while! Actually don't think i've ever seen one...hope they give him the strength of Jaws from moonraker.
Go Helbig Go

Just watched his highlight clip again on BP as a refresher.
Looks quick on the lead and a nice kick for goal.
Might be a good go to option if jack cops a lot of attention.

Showed a lot, kind of kid who will hurt us a bit by being run off early in his career but well, well worth persisting with