Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig

Helbig looked a promising player for the future but doesn't look quite ready yet.

Again, I only saw the second half.

Helbig looked to be competitive and be able to gather the ball. However, he did show that he is not ready yet with his disposal, as I watched him mostly turn the ball over to the opoosition when kicking. He needs to work his kicking then return when he is confident with it.

The boy can get the ball though.

Phantom said:
Helbig looked a promising player for the future but doesn't look quite ready yet.

Helbig looked to be competitive and be able to gather the ball. However, he did show that he is not ready yet with his disposal, as I watched him mostly turn the ball over to the opoosition when kicking. He needs to work his kicking then return when he is confident with it.

I would say his disposal would be a direct result of his fitness levels.

Once he has another couple of preseasons under his belt he could become a valuable addition to the midfield.

Phantom said:

agree. just lacked a little composure with the ball. i'd say give him a few more games in the ones as he deserves it, but send him back to the two's at some stage to help him get his confidence levels up before giving him another crack in the seniors...

definitely looks worth persevering with...

i think hardwick will give him some games early then put him back to the two's, then bring him back late. he's tough, showed glimpses, but a long way to go before we know whether he'll make it imo.

I've seen soo many players show signs early when expectation is very low only to not make the grade years later.

I'll look on with fingers crossed coz god knows we need nearly every draft pick to come good due to our list clearly being the least talented in the league.

MightyTiger said:
Helbig had 10Disposals 5Kicks 5Handballs 1Mark 1Tackle and was running at 70% Efficiency.

You might want to add to that the 4 inside 50s, equal 2nd most of the team. Should stay in the side

His Greg Tivendale with balls and a right foot. On the run he actually moves a lot like him, his a great kick on the run. I'd leave him in, he can only get better.

shamekha said:
You might want to add to that the 4 inside 50s, equal 2nd most of the team. Should stay in the side

Makes it an ever better of a debut then.

We have a player on our hands people. :clap

Loved this young bloke's game tonight. He goes in hard, can kick a goal from 50m, he tackles well and runs hard. I think we have a player here...

Brad looks as though he's been playing for years.

None of the new boys look overawed. Good drafting Tiges.

Streak said:
Saw him for the first time tonight on TV.

For some reason, I thought he was bigger than he looked. Must be that he plays that way.

you'd love his intensity. really attacks hard with intent and smarts