Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig

Because he was subbed I reckon Hellboy is most likely to get chopped this week.

Just on midfield roles and small back roles. Suppose we played Hellboy in the ones as a mid and his opponent pushed forward. Does Hellboy know what to do? Coz what he should do is play small back role on his opponent.

If he can't do that he has to learn by playing small back. If he's too good a player to waste in a small back role he'd tear *smile* up playing there. But he hasn't done that yet.

Small Back Competency III is a pretty easy certificate to get. As evidenced by the last minute of our most recent game not many of our players have it.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
I wouldn't have thought there was much between him and Biscuits. Coburg watchers?

Got Arnott covered easily. Arnott a big body but generally poor decision maker and erratic kick.

Helbig more classical footballer, nice mark, good inside and out and lovely kick. I think he just tried too hard on Friday and indeed came across as a try hard.

The kid is as hard as nails. I am happy for him to be dropped at this stage and work on his game at Coburg. He is a good mid at that level and once he elevates to dominant mid at the level he can push for a return.

BBC said:
This boy needs patience and a sustained run of games.
He could be a good role player for us.

Still developing. Could end up good. But go develop at Coburg, we've got finals to play. Morris, Foley, Conca, Ellis, Flossy et al preferred at the moment.

I wonder if he did the hammy during the game last week. Anybody got any scoop?

Dyer'ere said:
I wonder if he did the hammy during the game last week. Anybody got any scoop?

Very injury prone & that's a huge concern for a guy that is going into his 3 rd year

I still believe the old saying that all hamstring injuries are back injuries, zip. Gotta get that core right. If he was a horse you'd work him at the beach every day.

DirtyDogTiger said:
D you think it extends to calf injuries too?

It's kinda bush wisdom, DDT. Usually right on experience rather than scientific. Calf injuries when I got them seemed to me like a phase of ageing. I got my feet and footwear some attention at the time and stopped tearing the calf. But I don't have any useful superstitions about them.

Did you read this one, DDT?

Dyer'ere said:
I'm still laughing about this one. Chaplin was concussed last week and yet was listed as out with a calf -

Dyer'ere said:
It's kinda bush wisdom, DDT. Usually right on experience rather than scientific. Calf injuries when I got them seemed to me like a phase of ageing. I got my feet and footwear some attention at the time and stopped tearing the calf. But I don't have any useful superstitions about them.

Did you read this one, DDT?

Yeah calf related concussion.
You never know when or where it will strike

When did he do his hammy? Hmmmm maybe between stepping on someone's hand & pushing someone over?
He did nothing last week, to convince me his any good..

DirtyDogTiger said:
Zippa Helbig is a good get, he'll complement Vlos Dusty Conca Ellis very nicely
DDT, that may be the case, but I'm yet to see any real evidence that this is the case from Helbig. He did nothing to advance his cause last week.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Zippa Helbig is a good get, he'll complement Vlos Dusty Conca Ellis very nicely

Everyone is a "good get" I'm yet to see this bloke doing anything more then pull his mammies every 2nd week.

still not in our best 26....needs a standout year at coburg then maybe...hopefully...his ready to step up next year...

Brad Helbig

Reported to be on the outer.

Keeper for mine. Big bodied type, can spray the ball by foot but mostly neat.

Tuck is gone, jacko is getting on.

Easy to forget hell boy, but his attack on the pill is elite.