Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig

Tigersub said:
I hope they do play him next week. Up around the centre square - maybe coming off a wing.

Yep he needs a good run at it. No point promoting kids and then dropping them the next week while senior players stink it up every week and never get dropped.

I agree - we need to get a lot more games into Dea, Helbig, Vlastuin etc this is our future - our side reminds me of the Cats in 2003/4 still a few years away

Gee, was it just my ignorance but I did not notice Helbig at all re any influence on a contest or the game prior to him being subbed off.

his still a kid i know but he isnt quiet up to it yet...make him go back to coburg and dominate 3 0r 4 weeks in a row before he gets another shot.... cant see him staying in the side with king morris and chaplin returning...

Helbig wasn't suited to playing in defence. Tough assignment first game back being asked to play on a small forward like Ballantyne. I would of played Helbig in the midfield to allow him to win the ball and use his tackling skills to advantage. Helbig is hard at it and he could of had a similar effect to Vlastuin if played in the right position. Should play again next week in the midfield.

Me too. All I've seen so far is fumbles and panicked kicks. This week he added to his repertoire a stupid free after a Freo goal. He's young and has missed a lot if footy but he's still a long way short of the hype on here.

skiptomystu said:
Overall I thought he was wasted last night in defence. I know we needed to have someone hard playing on Walters and Ballantyne, but Helbig is a hard nosed midfielder. I hope he gets another turn next week in a position that suits him.

correct. here we have a player who can add to our lack of run in the midfield and what does dimma do? plays him as a lock down defender. yet we have dea sitting in the reserves. go figure. helbig may well not make it, but he's a midfielder. the area we lack depth in. why must we play players out of their positions?

If King is out again wouldn't mind seeing him play a defensive forward role.

I agree he is a midfielder so play him as one.
We can easily put Lids outside to the wing where he will dominate with more open space and back these kids who have been in the system for a couple of years to do the job where it best suits them.

Defensively he appeared to go ok, but as others have said I would like to see play midfield. for a whole game, to see how he goes.

I'm sorry I don't agree. He and Nahas didn't make much of a contribution and Vlaustin was great but will take a season or two. We are still a ways off having a full team of AFL standard contributors. Absolute death against the top teams. Had a look, lacks poise and impact.

Probably a little too aggressive.

Gave away some stupid free kicks and some poor turnovers.

Needs to play a little less aggressively and a little more assertively IMO.

Tried hard early.