Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig

Harry said:
correct. here we have a player who can add to our lack of run in the midfield and what does dimma do? plays him as a lock down defender. yet we have dea sitting in the reserves. go figure. helbig may well not make it, but he's a midfielder. the area we lack depth in. why must we play players out of their positions?

Agree 100%. Helbig has played midfield all year for Coburg. Played all game just 5 days ago.

Dea played only a half, as a defender., and played well.

Huge error by the match committee. I just can't understand it.

Streak said:
I'm just not sure I see the player many others do in Helbig.

Likewise, although to be fair, I haven't seen him live for a while.

Just seems too clumsy and too one dimensional. Hopefully he keeps developing but I'd say the odds are against him "making it" at this stage.

Streak said:
I'm just not sure I see the player many others do in Helbig.

Would agree but need to see him in the midfield before I write him off. All his senior opportunities have mainly come as a back pocket yet he goes back to Coburg and plays midfield.

Barnzy said:
Would agree but need to see him in the midfield before I write him off. All his senior opportunities have mainly come as a back pocket yet he goes back to Coburg and plays midfield.

Don't blame him, blame super coach
Plays griffo back- wrong
Plays Pettard instead of Batchelor-wrong
Plays Rance full back, while Chaplin plays on smurfs- wrong

I'm surprised that he didn't start big V in the ruck..
I'm not convinced hardwick is a game day coach

Barnzy said:

Agree. But at this I stage I am far from sold on exposed form. This is the time for him to get a game. Morris will go into the backline and Helbig should get midfield time over the coming month. Big time for him. Needs to show he belongs at this level.

SCOOP said:
Agree. But at this I stage I am far from sold on exposed form. This is the time for him to get a game. Morris will go into the backline and Helbig should get midfield time over the coming month. Big time for him. Needs to show he belongs at this level.

reckon dimma will drop him. who's he gonna drop from the midfield? grigg? jackson? never gonna happen.

Harry said:
reckon dimma will drop him. who's he gonna drop from the midfield? grigg? jackson? never gonna happen.

Reckon it's between Biggy and Flossy for a spot in the midfield, especially with Tuck presumably coming back. He'd have to go for Flossy on exposed form, though Helbig didn't really get a shot in the midfield. Selection will be very interesting this week.

Most likely will get dropped but his time will come and he will be back. Next few weeks not make or break for him, relax. Has missed a lot of time due to injury. Needs a consistent run of games more than anything, then judgements can be made.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
Gee, was it just my ignorance but I did not notice Helbig at all re any influence on a contest or the game prior to him being subbed off.

Struggled for sure. It's a big step up from the VFL. I would like to see him used as the sub like Ellis has been.

Had been a lot of love for the boy but there is no place in the game for his dirty act of standing on a players hand.
Will be dropped this week and will be lucky to still be on the list next year.

Tigermad2005 said:
will be lucky to still be on the list next year.

That's a big call. A couple in the firing line ahead of Helbig that's for sure

This boy needs patience and a sustained run of games.
He could be a good role player for us.

Tigermad2005 said:
Had been a lot of love for the boy but there is no place in the game for his dirty act of standing on a players hand.
Will be dropped this week and will be lucky to still be on the list next year.

Don't mind his aggression at all, just needs to be a little better directed.
That free against for shoving twerp Crowley was dumb and he needs to learn from that.
The boy needs continuity and confidence and is a natural swap for Conca imo, so really hope Dimma sticks with him this week.
Suggestions that he wont be on the list at end of year are laughable.
Helbig can kick both sides, is fast, tough and courageous, and is yet to get anywhere near his potential due to injury interuptions.
Dea must come in, for Pettard.