Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig

Brad to come back through the Burgers and show that he's got something the senior team needs. If he knocks the door down like Tucky did a couple of seasons ago then he may just find an opportunity, eventually those who continue to knock get an opportunity. I somehow feel though that the current list will do a hell of a lot to not be injured - such is the vibe. They're a hungry animal and depth now works in their favour.

Let him dominate a few Coburg games before we start throwing his name up for selection. Foley was getting 30 touches a week before he got a look in. Guys like him and Arnott need to be doing a lot more imo.

SkillzThatKillz said:
Pretty sure Helbig was injured last week....

Corkie, apparently, Skillz. CC posted elsewhere that Hellboy was playing ones but for that.

Helbig could very well be the best asset we have....he is a great motivation for those already in the side to keep performing ;)

this increased depth will see some very good players looking for more senior opportunities elsewhere at the end of the season.

an unfortunate outcome of "depth"

blx said:
this increased depth will see some very good players looking for more senior opportunities elsewhere at the end of the season.

an unfortunate outcome of "depth"
Or more likely in this sort of scenario ( regularly injured and not getting games) the kid wants to go home (to SA)

tigertim said:
Or more likely in this sort of scenario ( regularly injured and not getting games) the kid wants to go home (to SA)

Door closes for him and opens for someone else. Never been worried about players going home, because the better players are always Victorian

kid just needs to make sure he is ready when his opportunity comes, and it will come, no club is immune from *smile* form and injuries

Helbig was said to have played another good game for Coburg on the weekend. Our midfield struggled to apply enough pressure against Collingwood, Helbig could help us against Fremantle with his tackling and attack on the ball. If Dimma thinks his disposal is good enough, I wouldn't be surprised if Helbig was selected in the side to take on Fremantle.

I think all the players in contention only played 2 or 3 quarters for Coburg on Sunday - Batchelor, Dea, Nahas, Vlastuin

I thought Dea was the best of this bunch.

Helbig played all game and played well. Because of lack of rotations he was absolutely spent by the end. I doubt he would be selected for another game on Friday. Maybe as a sub..

I really think the Big O should come in for Tyrone.

He has a big motor and reasonable speed for a bigger man (although not as quick or as agile as Ty).

Overall I thought he was wasted last night in defence. I know we needed to have someone hard playing on Walters and Ballantyne, but Helbig is a hard nosed midfielder. I hope he gets another turn next week in a position that suits him.

skiptomystu said:
Overall I thought he was wasted last night in defence. I know we needed to have someone hard playing on Walters and Ballantyne, but Helbig is a hard nosed midfielder. I hope he gets another turn next week in a position that suits him.

this I agree with.

I hope they do play him next week. Up around the centre square - maybe coming off a wing.