Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig

One positive of our last 6 or so rounds is that a few promising but fringe players have got some senior experience. Would be great if Helbig developed into a quality bottom best 22 player that we have lacked for the last 30 years.

Leysy Days said:
Needs to get a lot cleaner with his first touch, but goes very hard which is great to see.

But will furnish into a great size. Something to work with.

I was watching for this last night. He seemed cleaner than he was last year which is pleasing. Its definitely something that can be worked out.

As we know his hardness is terrific, I also like that he seems genuinely dual sided with his hands and handballs very well. Something that will become a great attribute as he spends more time in the midfield.

In time I see him in the midfield rotations, at the very least he will improve our depth in rotations.

It will be interesting to see how many games Helbig gets in 2013. He uses the ball well in traffic and is a versatile player, who can go forward and kick goals. He played well in the midfield in the couple of games he played this year. Helbig will have to work hard to get into the team in 2013 but I think he will play better the more experience he gets. Helbig would be a good player to use a sub. He can kick handy goals and add to our midfield rotations. Hopefully he can stay injury free next year and push for selection.

Not convinced with Helbig. Capable of kicking a long goal, or missing a short 20 meter pass by 10 meters. Not born with class in a skills sense so I hope his hardness and work ethic pay off.

I've got high hopes for this kid and i don't think there is too much wrong with his skills.

His first season he tried to play a bit of the bash and crash hard ball role he played at junior level but only had a 70kg body.

Season just gone, we didnt see enough of him to make a judgement, but i can remember the first Coburg game where he got injured. We were getting badly outplayed when we ten moved Helbig to half back and he gave us heaps of drive for about a quarter before the injury happened. It as only a quarter at VFL level but it looked very promising.

On returning from injury he was promoted more on the basis that we had no running types left in reserve except Addam Maric who by that stage was completely on the nose. I'm puzzled why we'd have Maric running around with us right now and not say a Tom Schneider type.

linuscambridge said:
Not convinced with Helbig. Capable of kicking a long goal, or missing a short 20 meter pass by 10 meters. Not born with class in a skills sense so I hope his hardness and work ethic pay off.
I must admit im not sure there is a spot for him at the minute or where is really suited on the ground to play
One of those same middle height type player that we have plenty of

He was carrying an ankle nearly all year. He is very good/pack buster type.
Next year won't be his last, he still has time

If he has an uninterrupted preseason he would be my early pick for the "Most Improved" award come season's end.
Depending on injuries of course, I think there would be a bit of competition amongst the likes of Helbig, Ellis, Vlastuin for the same spot assuming Jackson keeps getting games and I think he might surprise a few in what he can produce when injury free.

Juffaricho said:
If he has an uninterrupted preseason he would be my early pick for the "Most Improved" award come season's end.
Depending on injuries of course, I think there would be a bit of competition amongst the likes of Helbig, Ellis, Vlastuin for the same spot assuming Jackson keeps getting games and I think he might surprise a few in what he can produce when injury free.
Well said Juffa. :clap

Bradley Helbig will be a rampaging bull. We have focussed on dusty and Arnott, but when this bloke hits physical maturity he will be feared.

All AFL players hate losing a contest, some absolutely bloody detest it and will kill to ensure they don't lose the next. Helbig is one of these and is another reason why rfc will be a pamplona running of the bulls in 2014.

Ole.

Carter said:
Bradley Helbig will be a rampaging bull. We have focussed on dusty and Arnott, but when this bloke hits physical maturity he will be feared.

All AFL players hate losing a contest, some absolutely bloody detest it and will kill to ensure they don't lose the next. Helbig is one of these and is another reason why rfc will be a pamplona running of the bulls in 2014.

Ole.

:hihi

Carter said:

Ole.

Helbig is one of favourites, (there aren't many I like)