Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig

Don't recall who he manned up for the Lions, but he was involved in plenty of niggle, became heated with Helbig under siege and recall Morris coming in and sorting it out - becoming quite the enforcer is Morris! Helbig looked out of depth for mine.

He didn't figure in much play but I was pleasantly surprised at his size. He has obviously worked hard on getting bigger which is great because he struggled one on one with strength last year.

FitenFitenWin said:
Should make an excellent addition to our midfield in a couple of seasons.

If he didn't get injured, he could've been our version of Beams without the tatts!

FitenFitenWin said:
Yeh, there is a similarity - in the way he moves or something.

He looks like he could develop into one of those big frame mids who can get over the ground. Although he is slightly shorter than Lids and Martin he seems to play taller so we may have 3 big bodied taller mids who can run over the ground which is huge for future finals campaigns.

Even limping into the end of the season, it is still inspiring to see him attacking with the football when he gets it, rather than standard ruckman dishing it off. He is a footballer first.

Barnzy said:
A lot to work with.

And that's all you want at this stage. But he doesn't look out of place. Lot bigger then he looks. But doesn't rush with the ball, kicks the ball well.

Long way to go but a good start. His skill set should be what is required for all future draft picks.

Needs to get a lot cleaner with his first touch, but goes very hard which is great to see.

But will furnish into a great size. Something to work with.

The Bomber's were super keen on Helbig too,but we snuck in just before them.Tough Titties hey? :hihi

tigerdave said:
The Bomber's were super keen on Helbig too,but we snuck in just before them.Tough Titties hey? :hihi

Funny when it's the pick we offered for Houli. Makes it funnier. Thought he was ok last night. Doesn't look like he feels he belongs yet and that will take time. I actually find him an exciting proposition for the future. If he can put it all together I think he will be better than Conca and Batch from that draft.

liked the bits I saw also of Heilbig, the other highlights for me was Post and Astbury doing Ok and Ohanlon's goal (he has a good long kick). Plenty of improvement left in this group.