Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig

I reckon the coaching staff would love to get a few late games in him so the year is not a complete wash from a development perspective. Barring injury he is in the 22 round 1 2013.

From the outside looks like he is very driven also. Not certain about x factor, more likely to be a consistent performer week in week out but a very tough unit.

Barnzy said:
I don't see him as a mecurial X factor type but from the little I've seen he's hard at it, is a good mark and has good skills. Could be a valuable HFF/mid we lack. Was looking forward to see him play this year after it looked like he developed his body really well in the preseason and was expecting him to play 10+ games. Hopefully in 2013 he's one who comes in and makes an unexpected impact to better the team.

Agree. From the few games he has played so far he doesn't seem to be the 'x-factor' type, but is very hard at it and is more of a 'straight-lined' running player who is direct with a very good kick; more so his long kicking (can keep them low too and hit up team mates) but better with the direct long ones. Not so sure he's a good mover laterally (ie, evasiveness) to get out of tight situations & his overall footy brain/smarts/composure to be a good midfield player where it is very congested. Seems the type who prefers a bit of time in space to run & use his penetrating kicks rather than any in close, finesse type of disposals. Looking forward to see how he can complement the team next year. We need all the depth & extra quality we can get.

Gee Troy Taylor had x-factor in spades and I am still smarting that he didn't make it :-\ Helbig is very straight line and will be a good foot soldier without being spectacular.

Jukes Extended said:
Hopefully we can get a few late games into him.

Coburg firsts this week. Everything goes well think you might see him in the RFC seniors for the last 3 - 4 games.

I didn't mean he has x-factor talent. I meant if he comes on next year then it will just add more depth to our side and his form would be a bonus. Not meaning the ability to rip open a game in a space of 5 minutes. Because lets face it, this year he hasn't had the chance.

He was the sub and came on in the last quarter - I think he ended up with 4 touches. Didn't have enough opportunities to rate an opinion on his game really.

Waste of a week for him really, would have been better getting a full run at the Burgers, but thats the way he sub rule works I suppose

He only had a few touches, but he looked quite composed to me.

I have never seen what others seem to see with this kid, but maybe time in the system is starting to pay dividends.

I hope he makes it like others expect he will.

CC TIGER said:
Waste of a week for him really, would have been better getting a full run at the Burgers, but thats the way he sub rule works I suppose

agree. Whats better? 20 minutes game time or a full game with Coburg?