Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig

mld said:
Agree. He needs to play footy for his development, putting him on ice will hinder that.
I really liked his work when he had the ball and we were attacking last year but I thought he was very easily brushed off the ball and was beaten a lot one on one. Not unusual for an 18 year old of course but I hope his time out has been spent building his strength and size because that was his major deficiency imo.

Daphaq? 99% sure he didn't kick 6 behinds today, got most of his ball in the back 50 and midfield. Don't even recall him having a ping at the goals tbh.

Notice this about Brad in the Coburg report:
Brad Helbig
Resumed playing after his long-term foot injury. Played three quarters in Coburg’s Development League side and was influential through the midfield, picking up 24 disposals. Is expected to step up to VFL seniors this weekend.

A week or two in the VFL seniors and he may step into the Tigers for the last couple of games.

Remember Dylan Grimes made it into the team late in 2010 and ended up playing a pretty good game against Port Adelaide in the last.

Was a great stepping stone into 2011. Hope Brad can do the same (without the injuries) and the last game against port is his stepping stone into a very good career with the mighty tigers.

He might be an x-factor for us next year. He still remains an unknown quality. If he steps up his production next season, that would just be huge for us. Much like Astbury, these two guys can go either way. Our depth may look impressive next year if the likes of these guys can step up.

We haven't the best record with x-factor players to date. The Goo......Troy Taylor are 2 that spring to mind. Hope Brad has it in spades. 3rd time lucky perhaps ?

I don't see him as a mecurial X factor type but from the little I've seen he's hard at it, is a good mark and has good skills. Could be a valuable HFF/mid we lack. Was looking forward to see him play this year after it looked like he developed his body really well in the preseason and was expecting him to play 10+ games. Hopefully in 2013 he's one who comes in and makes an unexpected impact to better the team.

Barnzy said:
I don't see him as a mecurial X factor type but from the little I've seen he's hard at it, is a good mark and has good skills. Could be a valuable HFF/mid we lack.

Yep, that's his go. Trying to play the Paul Chapman role. Has rare mix of smarts, grunt and class.

Good sort, still have high hopes for him. We need another three of this type.