Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig

Tigers of Old said:
From today's The Hard Yards' article.

Dimma's Bright Lights

Brad Helbig
I'm a bit of a Helbig fan with the way he plays. He's aggressive and has put on some really good size.

As generalised as he could make it. Give us a bit of edge Dimma.

In the couple of games i saw Helbig live, i thought he wasn't that quick off the mark. You couldn't question his desire or hardness, but he lacked that speed you need at AFL level. i appreciate that Jackson, Tuck or Grigg's aren't particularly quick, but non of those boy's will play in Richmond's next flag.

Kip said:
In the couple of games i saw Helbig live, i thought he wasn't that quick off the mark. You couldn't question his desire or hardness, but he lacked that speed you need at AFL level. i appreciate that Jackson, Tuck or Grigg's aren't particularly quick, but non of those boy's will play in Richmond's next flag.

He's not elite speed but the thing he has over Jackson and Tuck is AFL standard disposal and decision making. I reckon that makes up for average pace.

He is not super quick but far from slow. He will be fine as a medium mid

BrisTiger24 said:
He's not elite speed but the thing he has over Jackson and Tuck is AFL standard disposal and decision making. I reckon that makes up for average pace.

Ty Esler said:
He is not super quick but far from slow. He will be fine as a medium mid

Kip is talking about pace off the mark though. I consider pace off the mark to be much more of an issue than overall pace.

That said, I do agree Helbig has the makings of a player.

Hopefully he's starting to build his fitness. Daniel Jackson replacement *fingers crossed*.

Brad being in the center of the huddle when the boys sing the song for his first win (happened against the Dons in the Dreamtime game) is the only good Richmond highlight in the new AFL promo add

Will be gun! Loves the bump and has very clean hands. Love to see him in the middle in the next 2 years.
Our recruiting over the last 3 years has been very good. Would've love another tall Back man but love Ellis, Elton,Tonka

zippadeee said:
has very clean hands.
You have to be kidding.Don,t think i,ve seen him actually one grab the ball.His one fault with his skills atm is he fumbles way to much.

Here's a change, Zips talking someone up and someone talking them down!

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
You have to be kidding.Don,t think i,ve seen him actually one grab the ball.His one fault with his skills atm is he fumbles way to much.

His got the hands of Ablett,
The kicking of hodge,
& the marking power of Carey!!

Leave the kid alone,

zippadeee said:
The kicking of hodge,

Leave the kid alone,

it's starting to make sense now, zips is Helbig's Mum

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Agree Skip , I like this kids hardness, foot skills seem to be improving and looks like been a handy player, however been a bit worried about his inability to one touch, thou does happen a bit when kids bulk up as much as he has. Reckon he may just end up with Jackos role

zippadeee said:
The kicking of hodge,

Leave the kid alone,
And you zipp,Have the Eyesight only matched by one man.

2vbldzm.jpg

CC TIGER said:
Agree Skip , I like this kids hardness, foot skills seem to be improving and looks like been a handy player, however been a bit worried about his inability to one touch, thou does happen a bit when kids bulk up as much as he has. Reckon he may just end up with Jackos role
Yep,I like Helbig as well CC,Tough as nails,If he can get to the stage where he doesn,t fumble as much i reckon we have found the ideal replacement for Jackson.

I like the lads attack on the ball.
His skills need tuning esp. clean hands but he has the tools to be a starting 18 player.
Like the idea of him tagging in a year or two :clap

Few going a bit hard on Helbig.

Showed plenty in 2011 and is one I think has a massive amount of improvement in him.

Sounds like Brad'll go onto the LTIL, wonder if we'll promote a defender

Get well quick, we need you challenging for a spot

Bugger.

I reckon before this Helbig was the slow burner to play some good senior footy before the end of the year.