Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig

I like his handball, it has some heat on it and is pretty accurate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iChzzY2Eb-0&feature=feedu

Watch the Batch video above, about 22 seconds in, Helbig's handball is a ripper.

Good move freeing him across half back up for a bit easier ball. JB would be proud of the move. ;D

Young Bradley seems to be an average kick. Has turned it over horribly against Port & now GC.

Hopefully it improves with experience.

he has a red hot go, puts himself in. and has show some composure and good skill at time across HB (even tho the kid has made a few errors). would definately persist with him around this area, maybe up to wing for the rest of the year. has much more upside than edwards

Imagine being a junior trying to play in our back half talk about a lamb to the slaughter ! If any junior survives you can bet they are a decent player - the ones that have been playing with Cats and pies have been blessed with space and time and our poor lot cop McGuane.

Has put on 4-5 kilos of lean muscle compared to this time last year according to the latest Roar Vision video.

SkillzThatKillz said:
Has put on 4-5 kilos of lean muscle compared to this time last year according to the latest Roar Vision video.

Great news. Like him a lot.

After watching that footage he must be in near perfect shape.

Look forward to seeing what he will do next year. I would have him on a half forward flank.

Tigerbob said:
Great news. Like him a lot.

As does leysy.

Wouldnt suprise if he ends up the best of his RFC crop. Conca, Batch who will be long termers you'd think, included.

Leysy Days said:
As does leysy.

Wouldnt suprise if he ends up the best of his RFC crop. Conca, Batch who will be long termers you'd think, included.

Hmm not writing off the possibilty altogether, but can't quite see it myself - geez, Batchelor and a bloke even better than Batchelor along with Conca, who if not quite elite will be either an A grader or a very good B grader at worst, would make that one hell of a draft year by AFL standards let alone Richmond standards.

We need to be careful not to have too high expectations too early. Helbig showed a bit when he had the ball in 2011 but was very easily brushed aside and really struggled with one on one contested ball. That's not unusual for a 1st year player of course and it wasn't because he didn't have the desire . A bigger body is exactly what he needs so it will be interesting to see what he brings in his 2nd year.

I've got plenty of time for Bradley.

Has pace, a booming left foot and although he doesn't get much of the ball yet, when he does he makes things happen. Could end up being a real find.

Was phrone to fumbling a fair bit in his 1st year,Put that down to nerves and pace of the game,Otherwise looks a good pickup.2010 draft might very well turnout to be the turning point of the club,And finally put to bed past failings.

Let's not forget to thank Essendon when we think of Hellboy. They insisted we keep our pick we offered for Houli so that we could call out Hellboys name just before the Dons were.

Pretty funny seeing the reaction of the Bombers draft team last year when Helbig was drafted by Richmond.

They SO didn't see it coming!