Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig

Barnzy said:
Look, he's a kid with some decent tools but the loss exposed him majorly where wins have maybe papered over some cracks. Clearly not ready for AFL football. I thought he killed most forward plays that went through tonight with fumbles or poor decision making/skills. Also struggles to compete in the air given his body type.

I have no idea why Morton can't get a game as a rotating HF/mid. At least he might pull down some marks. Our forward line was pathetic tonight.

Agree completely however a week ago you were arguing that he had to stay in the team!

yeah poor game, realllllyyyy poor, drop him then maybe give him another 3 or 4 games later on

not ready

Everything he touched tonight turned to *smile*. Horrible.

Out of his depth at this stage. Needs more time at the Burg.

Another terrible decision by the match committee. Webberley anyone??

Cant really blame the kid though.

To be fair a lot of senior players were also not handling the ball well, although he lost a couple of crucial contests. Bit like Essendon the bye has probably come at the right time to review how the first part of the season has gone.

Maybe we needed a loss like this to highlight just where we are still at - if we had had a comfortable 4 goal win it may have covered over a few obvious cracks.

He has been okay, but tonight he was no good.

Couldn't mark the ball, overran the ball, and when he got the ball he turned it over.

Needs a spell at Coburg.

Webberley or Hislop in for him.

Has a crack, and some calls while technically true are probably being a bit harsh on a kid in his first year of footy.

Should no doubt spend a bit of time at Coburg but I think we sometimes tend to forget not every junior we get is going to be a Martin or Conca, some are going to take time to play at an AFL standard on a regular basis.

skiptomystu said:
Has a crack, and some calls while technically true are probably being a bit harsh on a kid in his first year of footy.

Should no doubt spend a bit of time at Coburg but I think we sometimes tend to forget not every junior we get is going to be a Martin or Conca, some are going to take time to play at an AFL standard on a regular basis.

"Having a crack" does not justify you getting a game at the highest level in the land.

He may improve. But not in the Seniors at the moment.

His kicking was poor, but the same could be said of half the team, who looked tired, hot and fumbled the ball all night.

Give poor Bradley Helbig a break!

Said this last week:

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Helbig as an example clearly looks like he needs time to develop at Coburg (understandable considering he is a first year player) but he is still in the senior side.

Didn't think his form warranted his selection but still he played. Like Farmer, has had no prior form which justified his inclusion. No need to rush this kid - play him in the seconds until he is busting the door down like Webberly & Hislop are.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Said this last week:

Didn't think his form warranted his selection but still he played. Like Farmer, has had no prior form which justified his inclusion. No need to rush this kid - play him in the seconds until he is busting the door down like Webberly & Hislop are.

Reckon Webs and Hislop will definitely be in the mix for the week after the break, would drop Helbig from the team as well as probably Farmer.

Looked like he needed a rest tonight - kicking was very poor. Had his kicked smothered or kicked to opposition on numerous occasions.
I thought he had been serviceable until tonight. I think he will be ok in the long run but should go back to the magoos for now.

Surprised that Rance gets off the hook around here.
He was terrible again tonight - thats 2/3 shockers for mine.
I have never seen a backman miss the ball so often when going the punch - tonight he collected the player twice for 2 goals on top of a couple of terrible turnovers,
We won't be a contender whilst he is in the side, in my opinion.

We need to learn to see the signs . Its all very well getting games into the kids but it was very obvious last week that Hellboy was not physically ready and needed to play at Coburg . There is no doubt he should not have played and that shouldn't be 20/20 hindsight , there were plenty who saw it last saturday.

I am not a big fan of the guy but after seeing Hislop play for Coburg on Saturday I think he should have played . the conditions would have suited him playing around half forward . We needed some hard bodies who would play uncomplicated football.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Said this last week:

i thought last week in dreamtime he looked lost and over awed...was surprised he was kept in the side...
needs a stint at Coburg...

i gather he wasnt in our best tonight...