Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 47 ~ Bradley Helbig

That was a nice goal on his left as well - pretty quiet overall though. Glad that to see the Tigers win considering the Bombers were going to pick Helbig with pick 48. Didn't star, but good for the boys to give him a 1st win and drown him in Powerade in the circle for the song.

Hopefully replaced by White sooner rather later. Got time on his side.

I think Hellboy will be a good player but he is not physically ready for AFL as yet . He gets beaten one on one a lot because he is not strong enough .
He has the skills but not the body at this point .

Of course every player in their first year and 5th game or whatever it is is not actually allowed to "get better" or "learn" or "develop" or "make mistakes" anymore are they.
Oh well. Dud! Delist!

Sintiger said:
I think Hellboy will be a good player but he is not physically ready for AFL as yet . He gets beaten one on one a lot because he is not strong enough .
Yep - agreed. Has nice kicking skills - not physically strong enough as yet & is going to ground a bit. But lotsa potential.

ToraToraTora said:
Of course every player in their first year and 5th game or whatever it is is not actually allowed to "get better" or "learn" or "develop" or "make mistakes" anymore are they.
Oh well. Dud! Delist!

Clearly not one person thinks that, so I don't know why you're taking the sarcastic impersonation route.

I agree he needs to be kept in the side.

He will struggle until he develops the strength he needs. Once he gets some power he will be a wrecking ball.

I loved his attack on the footy in the last quarter, he only knows one way. As hard as possible.

Hardwick would love him IMO .

I just watched the game again on the replay.

I say we keep him in the team.

A bit negative in here.

He kicked a nice goal and made some terrific defensive tackles.

He will only get better with more game time.

The kid has ability no doubt about it.

Sintiger said:
Agree Sinner, just his body being a bit slight at this stage. Although can't fault his attitude. After having a tackle broken he layed a seconed that took down Bellchambers over the boundary line. Bellchambers remonstrated when both were on the ground with Hellboy jumping on his chest and pushing him back into the ground. Liked that alot.

(Note: Not calling for him to be dropped relating to PYMPS tightarseness)

Look, he's a kid with some decent tools but the loss exposed him majorly where wins have maybe papered over some cracks. Clearly not ready for AFL football. I thought he killed most forward plays that went through tonight with fumbles or poor decision making/skills. Also struggles to compete in the air given his body type.

I have no idea why Morton can't get a game as a rotating HF/mid. At least he might pull down some marks. Our forward line was pathetic tonight.

I know he is only a 1st year player but his game tonight was just terrible, terrible, terrible. I reckon a couple of his mistakes cost us a goal tonight, he didn't seem to be handle the ball cleanly at all.