Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

elite
.acceleration, speed (straight & lateral)
.anticipation, interception, avoidance
.vertical leap

qualities guaranteed not in picks 10,11,18...or any?

wrongly maligned this year....weekly exhaustion covering for the slowest team in afl history
calls of lazy & apathetic from the unappreciative

surround him with young colts

I say KEEP.

Preety good to only slide 4 places but end up with 3 first rounders.
Good deal for us. We just need to draft the right players

Reactions: 3 users
We are not going to win the flag in 2025 or 2026. We may have just helped Fremantle win one of those two flags.

That's better than helping Collingwood, Geelong, Sydney, Brisbane, Port Adelaide or Carlton win them.

The real payoff will be if Fremantle win them both. The first one against Geelong and the other against Carlton. And Bolton wins two Norm Smith medals.

Reactions: 8 users
I don't think its a great deal, but Blair did a great job under the circumstances. You can't expect to nail every deal in life or in business, and if the Rioli trade happens as mooted, it will be a great result overall.

That’s a very good deal. Two first round picks and a slight downgrade in a deep draft. With the Tassie concessions coming in and next years compromised draft this is the perfect off season for us.

Reactions: 1 user
I reckon it was a fair deal for the tigers - when Freo offered #10, #11 and #18 for Baker and Bolton I thought yeah that’s about right. Weagles and #14 for Baker I though wow, #10, #11 and #14 for the two players was max value imo. So it’s a bit of a win win I reckon. The tigers F3 is the strange bit of it all and I put that down to Bell being a bit belligerent, but the tigers being pragmatic as they now are, they didn't let a future 3rd round pick derail it.

I like the way the tigers go about it - and we are getting good value, fair value - we are still a well run club.

Well - first stage of the rebuild going to plan - now let’s execute the second stage and get the right players in and I hope we boost the player development and welfare stage that comes next as we need to fast track the development of a large batch of promising kids over the next 12 months.

Reactions: 5 users
I reckon it was a fair deal for the tigers - when Freo offered #10, #11 and #18 for Baker and Bolton I thought yeah that’s about right. Weagles and #14 for Baker I though wow, #10, #11 and #14 for the two players was max value imo. So it’s a bit of a win win I reckon. The tigers F3 is the strange bit of it all and I put that down to Bell being a bit belligerent, but the tigers being pragmatic as they now are, they didn't let a future 3rd round pick derail it.

I like the way the tigers go about it - and we are getting good value, fair value - we are still a well run club.

Well - first stage of the rebuild going to plan - now let’s execute the second stage and get the right players in and I hope we boost the player development and welfare stage that comes next as we need to fast track the development of a large batch of promising kids over the next 12 months.

It's win win for both sides for sure. Dunno why people cant get this and insist you can only win or lose a deal.

Reactions: 2 users
We are not going to win the flag in 2025 or 2026. We may have just helped Fremantle win one of those two flags.

That's better than helping Collingwood, Geelong, Sydney, Brisbane, Port Adelaide or Carlton win them.

The real payoff will be if Fremantle win them both. The first one against Geelong and the other against Carlton. And Bolton wins two Norm Smith medals.
Can’t see Freo winning the flag TOT. Bolton will help them alot but still don’t see them finishing top 4.

Reactions: 1 user
Gun, we got a good deal, Freo will look back on this as a cheap acquisition IMO.

Will miss watching his magic light up the G (hopefully he won't light it up when he plays us), its been a privilege to watch him play for the Tigers, now just got to hope that he doesn't play 100 games for the Dockers ;)

Reactions: 1 users
There are some later picks going back the other way but we look to have got 6,10,11,18 and 23 for Bolton, Rioli and Baker.

Very very good work. That’s the sort of result we had hoped for but actually achieving it was always the hard part.

Now we need to nail the picks

Reactions: 2 users