Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

The only problem with that is Freo won't have two top-10 picks. They might not even have one. What if their first two picks are 11 and 14?
Better than nothing and we could also ask for a future first as a sweetener. Get as much value as we can for this years draft and start to build some value for next years draft as well. List rebuild won't get done in five minutes or just one draft and our list is in desperate need of a proper overhaul.

Reactions: 1 user
The only problem with that is Freo won't have two top-10 picks. They might not even have one. What if their first two picks are 11 and 14?
Pies aren’t making the top 8. So at least one pick will be top 10. Plus we could trade down with with the picks from Freo.

Pies aren’t making the top 8. So at least one pick will be top 10. Plus we could trade down with with the picks from Freo.
St Kilda will get a top-10 compo pick for Battle. Pies could finish 9th and their pick would be 11. Which will be 13 when you factor in Ashcroft and Lombard.

Trade down to where? With whom?

Then future picks and / or a player may come into it. Plus, Freo may be active and trade into another pick.

We know you love Shai but there will be options to get it done.

Keep him unless he actually says he wants out

Then trade out and try to swap for a kid from freo.
Is young from Victoria

With Freo stumbling today and putting their top 4 chances in jeopardy, any failure this year will increase their desperation to trade for Bolton, should he announce his intention to join them.
And if he does want to go, then we squeeze them for everything just like Peter Bell likes to do when the shoe is on the other foot.

Reactions: 4 users
With Freo stumbling today and putting their top 4 chances in jeopardy, any failure this year will increase their desperation to trade for Bolton, should he announce his intention to join them.
And if he does want to go, then we squeeze them for everything just like Peter Bell likes to do when the shoe is on the other foot.
Dunno about “squeezing” them, just a little “flick” with do it. “Proportional force for the desired outcome” Tommy :giggle:
IMG_1256.jpeg

• Wow
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

I'll make it really simply for Freo. They don't and won't win a premiership with their current forward half. Their fans over on BF are all focused so hard on Warner they miss the glaringly obvious. They have the worst forward half out of the top 8 and thats funnily enough where they are ranked on scores (8th for points for only marginally in front of the Pies who have had heaps of issues in their forward half this year with injuries). Its the area of the ground they need to improve.

Their defence is very good, they are ranked 1st in the AFL now for points against, their midfield is strong, they dominate stoppages, but they just can't score enough scores, and when you have players like Banfield (who tries hard but is not top line), Emmett (onloy just over half a goal per game) etc in your forward half there is a reason they their scores are that low.

Shai transforms their forward half, but you have muppets over on BF arguing that he's not that good, that he isn't worth what they will be asked to pay, that he is wortrh Pick 7, or Pick 7 and 16 with our 2nd going back (that ones a joke, we might actually get better offers than a future pick 16 on the 2nd night of the draft for that 1st pick).

Everyone on here knows I don't want him to go, I love watching him play, when he goes into the middle he's electric, but I don't think Yze has used him right this year, played him as a small forward for much of the year, how many times have we seen him 20m behind the last defender when the ball is down our defensive half, thats not Shai being lazy, its happened way to often, the plan was to have him out the back to use his pace, but we've largely wasted him. Yze got this wrong from pre-season when he said Dusty would be a pure mid and Shai would be a small forward, we all know Dusty as a pure mid was over after 2022. It was never going to work.

Reactions: 5 users
Thereare two scenarios of checking out.

Have some of our blokes just checked out for this season as its been long lost, or are they checked out of the club and have not bought into Adems vision or plan.

If Freo doesn't want to play ball for a contracted player, there's always other suitors. Or he can just stay at the Tigers. Tigers have the upper hand here.

Reactions: 1 users
I'll make it really simply for Freo. They don't and won't win a premiership with their current forward half. Their fans over on BF are all focused so hard on Warner they miss the glaringly obvious. They have the worst forward half out of the top 8 and thats funnily enough where they are ranked on scores (8th for points for only marginally in front of the Pies who have had heaps of issues in their forward half this year with injuries). Its the area of the ground they need to improve.

Their defence is very good, they are ranked 1st in the AFL now for points against, their midfield is strong, they dominate stoppages, but they just can't score enough scores, and when you have players like Banfield (who tries hard but is not top line), Emmett (onloy just over half a goal per game) etc in your forward half there is a reason they their scores are that low.

Shai transforms their forward half, but you have muppets over on BF arguing that he's not that good, that he isn't worth what they will be asked to pay, that he is wortrh Pick 7, or Pick 7 and 16 with our 2nd going back (that ones a joke, we might actually get better offers than a future pick 16 on the 2nd night of the draft for that 1st pick).

Everyone on here knows I don't want him to go, I love watching him play, when he goes into the middle he's electric, but I don't think Yze has used him right this year, played him as a small forward for much of the year, how many times have we seen him 20m behind the last defender when the ball is down our defensive half, thats not Shai being lazy, its happened way to often, the plan was to have him out the back to use his pace, but we've largely wasted him. Yze got this wrong from pre-season when he said Dusty would be a pure mid and Shai would be a small forward, we all know Dusty as a pure mid was over after 2022. It was never going to work.
They have two super promising talls but I agree the rest is a graveyard. They will throw the sink at us for Shai.

Gone. Well thats what he wants.
As one Neil Balme has stated previously we put the player and their concerns as a priority.
I’d say his reasoning on wanting to go is family.
We will let him go.
But someone will have to
Duck Dynasty GIF by DefyTV