Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

No more Shai, I've seen enough to say let him go and reap the first round picks.
Almost done with Bakes as well. Lets go to the draft.
I'm waiting.

Reactions: 1 user
He has had a bad day, a bad month. He is under great pressure. He is being played out of position and with such pressure on our poor midfield, he is being set up to fail. Coaching inept. Newman in particular.

The failure of support for Shai here tonight is poorly judged.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
It’s poorest of poorest coaching that he isn’t a full time mid. I’d leave too if was him and being played out of the action

Ok, if he is being played too much in the middle then he should be playing small forward presumably?

If that is the case, can he do something about the set shot kicking? It really is atrocious.

DS

Ok, if he is being played too much in the middle then he should be playing small forward presumably?

If that is the case, can he do something about the set shot kicking? It really is atrocious.

DS
Not sure if u are responding to my post David. But my point is that he is being played out of position in the forward line and as a result of our poor midfield he is getting no help from that qr.

He should be a starting mid in every game, (which has long been my view).

I’ll stand corrected, however he appears to start games poorly this season , when the games over has been bumping up the stats , to me that’s the old “ hasn’t come to play” . He’s definitely berating his team mates a lot more and his work rate is poor .

He also played some ripper games earlier this year , is he just out of form or is it something else ?

Shai and Baker are 2 players who would actually significantly lift the Dockers.
They’d lift most sides. If they both go, I don’t think it will be as a package deal. Bakes will go to West Coast and Shai to Dockers. That’s possibly better for us, because that would be more likely to get a good draft pick from each team, rather than 2 from the one.

Not sure if u are responding to my post David. But my point is that he is being played out of position in the forward line and as a result of our poor midfield he is getting no help from that qr.

He should be a starting mid in every game, (which has long been my view).
Then he’s ok when he has the ball running out of the centre. But hardly chases if the opposition get it. Front runner, downhill skier call him whatever you like.
I’ve said it for ages, plays like a Hollywood star. It’s usually all about him. Checking himself out on the big screen, no discipline, berates his teammates, doesn’t like the dirty work too much.

Reactions: 3 users
Wouldn’t be shocked if he’s got no intention of leaving the Tiges , wouldn’t be shocked if his allready checking out Villas on the Swan , meaning I have NFI , ImHo though Freo will give it a shake this year and most likely come up just short , meaning they will be coming hard at a Bolton type “ match winner” who has already been to the top , though they may not have the necessary high picks I’d imagine they will pay a premium to get him , especially if we take a bit of cap relief in the deal , if we are ever going to part ways with a dual premiership player the time is now .

Don’t think we’ll be trading him, there’s a few oldies who will be leaving: Grimes, Prestia, Pickett, maybe Martin. Bakes is out of contract so it’s harder to keep him if Freo are after him. Graham also OOC and looking like his time is up.

You wouldn’t want to lose those experienced 6 AND trade Shai.

Don’t think we’ll be trading him, there’s a few oldies who will be leaving: Grimes, Prestia, Pickett, maybe Martin. Bakes is out of contract so it’s harder to keep him if Freo are after him. Graham also OOC and looking like his time is up.

You wouldn’t want to lose those experienced 6 AND trade Shai.
I think it will be Shai’s call , I’d be surprised if we initiated any trade , I’d be equally as shocked if Freo didn’t send a basket of WA scampi