Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

taztiger4 said:
slightly off topic, apparently we are having a look

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-23/who-wants-a-ready-made-204cm-112kg-ruck

Defs the right type to rookie. His speed over 20 is damn impressive for such a unit.

GEELONG KISSED ON THE *smile*, more like complete mouth over it, they also got ablett for some 40,s pick, ablett like rioli while not killing it, would of gone first round due to his oldman, just about being greatest footballer ever.

whats peoples thoughts on sticking with The Larke Medallist strategy and taking Oscar Allen if available?

jokershoppe said:
GEELONG KISSED ON THE *smile*, more like complete mouth over it, they also got ablett for some 40,s pick, ablett like rioli while not killing it, would of gone first round due to his oldman, just about being greatest footballer ever.

True but next June

Ablett 34
Selwood 30
Danger 28

easy said:
whats peoples thoughts on sticking with The Larke Medallist strategy and taking Oscar Allen if available?

What is his abilities? The recruiting team saw Jack Graham as a leader with alot of ability. This is not a blue print for selection.

easy said:

He’s the modern footballer - size, agility and ability to play multiple positions. And a leader. Hope he falls to us.

No 4 said:
What is his abilities? The recruiting team saw Jack Graham as a leader with alot of ability. This is not a blue print for selection.

WA captain, like Graham. Competitive, never out of the contest. Good agility and I reckon will be a very big boy (not super tall but solid). Wouldn't surprise me to see the Eagles take him with 13.

easy said:

Would be a good pick up, but will go a lot earlier than the last Larke Medallist

Rowdy said:
Would be a good pick up, but will go a lot earlier than the last Larke Medallist

Has got a bit of a Tom Lynch look about him the way he moves.

BrisTiger24 said:
WA captain, like Graham. Competitive, never out of the contest. Good agility and I reckon will be a very big boy (not super tall but solid). Wouldn't surprise me to see the Eagles take him with 13.

I havnt seen him play, but his build reminds me of Jon Brown, and apparently has similar competitive spirit.

It sounds like he could fall to 17, which is proving to be a very, very good number for Richmond.

Jonesracing82 said:
We should get our talls with the picks we have, Talls slide every year.

plus you can bet clubs will pay overs for small forwards who work hard defensively.

Im starting to look forward to a fruitful draft

The richmond pressure factor has seen, geelongs menzel go from stevie j replacement to basically not wanted with his new contract about half what it was, and no takers from other AFL clubs.

To have 17 20 and 25 after winning the flag AND the reserves being choc full of young talent is a good position to be in. We can form a dynasty if we play our cards right.

taztiger4 said:
no, we potentially could have last year, he would need to nominate for draft

I like him a lot but AFL standard he is not
Hasn't even turned 22 yet, many a player has been cast off at an early age only to make it back at a later stage.
Seen worse than Beasley get taken as a mature age pick.
From what I've seen of him he goes ok, wouldn't be upset if he got rookied.

Blind Charlie said:
Hasn't even turned 22 yet, many a player has been cast off at an early age only to make it back at a later stage.
Seen worse than Beasley get taken as a mature age pick.
From what I've seen of him he goes ok, wouldn't be upset if he got rookied.

Im aware of his age BC, & I only missed 2 VFL games again this year so I know how he plays & as I said I like him & he was a real find for us

By him signing up for our VFL again next year is possibly a sign he himself thinks AFL is beyond him.