Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

If he had given us Balta instead of Hayes i would have been more happy

We have all been saying Naish wouldnt get a bid before 25 now Twomey has agreed after months of having him mid teens

Id Stephenson is available at 17 he is a must take

DirtyDogTiger said:
Twomey’s last phantom has us get
Stephenson Brander Hayes Naish and lastly Hoonows.

If that's how it pans out, my 4th child will be conceived 3 minutes after the draft finishes. If I can wait that long

Blind Turn said:
If that's how it pans out, my 4th child will be conceived 3 minutes after the draft finishes. If I can wait that long

:hihi

I've already stocked the fridge, will be the best draft in a decade.

bullus_hit said:
:hihi

I've already stocked the fridge, will be the best draft in a decade.
How realistic is it?

I just watched Stephensons highlights. I know they are just highlights but you can see he oozes talent. How on earth would he get to pick 17. Is the top dozen that strong??

Clarke might pass out from excitement!

And then Brander as well.

*smile* we have finally been kissed on the *smile*.

Smoking Aces said:
How realistic is it?

I just watched Stephensons highlights. I know they are just highlights but you can see he oozes talent. How on earth would he get to pick 17. Is the top dozen that strong??

Clarke might pass out from excitement!

And then Brander as well.

sh!t we have finally been kissed on the *smile*.

Hahahaha maybe, let’s see how the actual draft turns out first!

Swap out Hayes for Balta in Twomey's phantom and we get an A+++ for this years draft.

If we somehow get Hayes or Coleman-Jones later on that would be unbelievable.

Tigers of Old said:
Speed looks good but is he a good kick?
He tries the impossible a bit. Went at 48% by foot this year but he isnt a shocking kick with his other attributes making up for it. good prospect x factor all over him like rayner but has the athletic ability to go along with it.

Tigers of Old said:
Speed looks good but is he a good kick?

He isn't a gun kick but he can kick a goal, ToO. Looks pretty awkward on his preferred even when it's effective and his action on the left is worse. Outside of this heart condition business, his kicking is a concern but he's got some awesome qualities that make him a miracle for us at 17. If he slides it will be about the former rather than the latter.

In the TAC cup final, he was instrumental in getting Eastern up by 50 points against Dandenong and battled manfully and without much help when they were headed in the last. It was one of many real recommendations for Stephenson's class and not even the most recent. Davies-Uniacke ultimately got his side over the line but he is the clear number one pick IMO. No shame in being bested by him in a close one. Take away the heart condition and Stephenson is a top 5 pick even with the justified knock on his kicking, such is the strength of his virtues. I love his athleticism, bravery to back himself to change games and his height. If we are moving into a world of roaming athletic mediums in the forward line Stephenson's height, reach, speed and endurance make him fashionable on top of everything else.

Gypsy__Jazz said:
He isn't a gun kick but he can kick a goal, ToO. Looks pretty awkward on his preferred even when it's effective and his action on the left is worse. Outside of this heart condition business, his kicking is a concern but he's got some awesome qualities that make him a miracle for us at 17. If he slides it will be about the former rather than the latter.

In the TAC cup final, he was instrumental in getting Eastern up by 50 points against Dandenong and battled manfully and without much help when they were headed in the last. It was one of many real recommendations for Stephenson's class and not even the most recent. Davies-Uniacke ultimately got his side over the line but he is the clear number one pick IMO. No shame in being bested by him in a close one. Take away the heart condition and Stephenson is a top 5 pick even with the justified knock on his kicking, such is the strength of his virtues. I love his athleticism, bravery to back himself to change games and his height. If we are moving into a world of roaming athletic mediums in the forward line Stephenson's height, reach, speed and endurance make him fashionable on top of everything else.

Fair summary, but I don't see a monumental difference with Danger's kicking, Stephenson is pure run and carry and is a vintage zone buster. He definitely stagnated midseason but something happened after he booted 5 goals against SA. Confidence is a wonderful thing, there was a belief that is hard to quantify. The stats back that up but the proof was in the pudding on grand final day. Grabbing Stephenson at 17 would be a coup of epic proportions and I couldn't give a stuff about the medicos, the guy has done everything right on the field and off it. If we're being totally honest then he comes with same risks as Cam Rayner, having a *smile* weak tank is Everest for most footballers, the difference being we don't have to spend pick 1. 2017, wow, what a great way to end a magic season this would be.

Gypsy__Jazz said:

bullus_hit said:
Fair summary, but I don't see a monumental difference with Danger's kicking, Stephenson is pure run and carry and is a vintage zone buster. He definitely stagnated midseason but something happened after he booted 5 goals against SA. Confidence is a wonderful thing, there was a belief that is hard to quantify. The stats back that up but the proof was in the pudding on grand final day. Grabbing Stephenson at 17 would be a coup of epic proportions and I couldn't give a stuff about the medicos, the guy has done everything right on the field and off it. If we're being totally honest then he comes with same risks as Cam Rayner, having a p!ss weak tank is Everest for most footballers, the difference being we don't have to spend pick 1. 2017, wow, what a great way to end a magic season this would be.

Cheers Gyps & Bully. Good work.
Just one last Q..I get a bit wary of flankers & we have a lot of them. Has he spent much if any time in the midfield?
Could he make that transition in time or could something like his reported heart condition hold him back here?
We've already got Bolton (& possibly Naish) for X Factor up fwd. Do we need to add to that pile or are there more pressing needs to secure first (ie tall forward).
Appreciate yours & Bullys thoughts.

If someone told me six months ago that we were predicted to get Stephenson and Brander in the draft I would have presumed that we’d had a terrible finish to the season, missing finals and then lost Dusty. Would be close to unbelievable if we pull this off, particularly with potentially another top 25 prospect and Naish in addition.

Early detection of Stephenson’s heart condition hopefully gives him every chance of making it. If only they detected Vickery’s that early.

(Joking!)