Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

bullus_hit said:
Big upside with Petruccelle, I'd look at him (have him ranked at 24). We could also look at someone like Mitch Crowden who's defensive pressure is huge.
Your not starting to take a liking to my boy Crowden are you Bully?
;D
On Petruccelle, I'd pretty much written him off after watching a few of his set shots at goal but the kids won me over with some of his delivery by foot at full throttle.

bullus_hit said:
Starcevich I've placed as a 4th round- rookie, only averaged 14 touches at Colts level which is unusually low. He also needs to work on the tank.

I think that 4th round to rookie is a good price, Paul. I'm all about Brent Daniels if we get a swing at the end of the third round, but think he's good chance to be gone by then. I'm speaking about the notion of doubling down on speed that Scoop mentioned earlier and Starcevich fits that mould. Genetically, I like players with relatives who have made it at the level and think late 3rd round is probably justified for someone taking the punt on Starcevich. Since you say 4th round to rookie we aren't exactly poles apart. What we would pay for Mitch McGovern now!?! We've got Tyson Edwards' kid coming through and I have concerns there but respect the genes and therefore respect his credentials.

Blind Charlie said:
Your not starting to take a liking to my boy Crowden are you Bully?
;D
On Petruccelle, I'd pretty much written him off after watching a few of his set shots at goal but the kids won me over with some of his delivery by foot at full throttle.

I like Crowden, I like him more than Spargo to be honest. Initially I couldn't believe he didn't make the cut for the combine, particularly after dominating in the reserves. I think his rugby build turned off many suitors, there can be no other reason because he averaged 24 touches at state level. Fortunately his state testing proved to the doubters he is just as much an athlete as he is a good footballer. Left foot is deadly.

Gypsy__Jazz said:
I think that 4th round to rookie is a good price, Paul. I'm all about Brent Daniels if we get a swing at the end of the third round, but think he's good chance to be gone by then. I'm speaking about the notion of doubling down on speed that Scoop mentioned earlier and Starcevich fits that mould. Genetically, I like players with relatives who have made it at the level and think late 3rd round is probably justified for someone taking the punt on Starcevich. Since you say 4th round to rookie we aren't exactly poles apart. What we would pay for Mitch McGovern now!?! We've got Tyson Edwards' kid coming through and I have concerns there but respect the genes and therefore respect his credentials.

Brent Daniels I have ranked at 37 so chances are he will be long gone. If we get pushed back to the 70's then Starcevich would come into the frame. I'm still hoping Kyron Hayden falls into our laps somehow, whether in the 50's or the 70's.

Jonesracing82 said:
Re: Rucks, reckon Nankervis has shown there is still room for the big/bustling types in our game also. what he lacks against the athletic rucks he more than makes up for around contests etc. once the ball hits the deck he basically becomes a 4th mid at ctr bounces.

One thing Maric & Nank have in common is that they are ultra competitive and will fight until they are floored. When you look at a bloke like Hayes that doesn't apply, Crossley is about the best bet for a sub 200cm ruck. Miller I think has to become a forward first and a ruck second. He could possibly pull off an Adam Goodes type season as an undersized ruck but that happens once in a blue moon.

bullus_hit said:
I like Crowden, I like him more than Spargo to be honest. Initially I couldn't believe he didn't make the cut for the combine, particularly after dominating in the reserves. I think his rugby build turned off many suitors, there can be no other reason because he averaged 24 touches at state level. Fortunately his state testing proved to the doubters he is just as much an athlete as he is a good footballer. Left foot is deadly.
What makes his disposal average even better is he wasnt used predominantly as a midfielder for most of the carnival, only noticed him play close to a full game as a midfielder in the last game of the carnival when SA smashed VC. The kid had 20 touches in the FIRST HALF !
Very underated and I've said it before if he was 5cm taller everyone would know his name.
Has been interviewed by a handful of clubs but I don't think the Tigers are one of them.

But lets not forget the most important factor, he's a Tiger supporter since birth and his idol is Dusty. ;D

article from adelaide 2 weeks ago had Mitch Crowden interviewed by 5 -6 clubs (nth, swans..) but not richmond.
unfortunately as he sounds ideal for a 3rd round

1 way we have certainly improved in the last yr or so. normally we know who we are going to be picking up by now.

Jonesracing82 said:
1 way we have certainly improved in the last yr or so. normally we know who we are going to be picking up by now.

Nothings Changed - They already know we are going to draft Patrick Naish

Kaelan said:
Remember the conca fiasco ;D

The fact that it was released on the website early or that we drafted him instead of Heppell, Prestia, Caddy or Lynch who went immediately after?

Right up there with the Oakley-Nicholls level of stuff up.

King Kong said:
The fact that it was released on the website early or that we drafted him instead of Heppell, Prestia, Caddy or Lynch who went immediately after?

The best was Tas Clingan. Legend has it that Greg Miller asked for the name of a player he was watching and the local mistook who he meant so we drafted Tas instead.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
The best was Tas Clingan. Legend has it that Greg Miller asked for the name of a player he was watching and the local mistook who he meant so we drafted Tas instead.
Nooooooo

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:

:rofl

King Kong said:

That was also a mistake, Francis Jackson asked somebody who Tom Lynch was - They told him it was Reece Conca

King Kong said:

ppl always talk Conca over Heppell but Lynch is the one we missed.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:

I remember phantom posted about this one too.
Can you just Imagine how surprised his teammates family and community were?