Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

Kaelan said:
if by some chance we got stephenson what chance that we dont match bid for naish ?

Don't think that will eventuate, Stephenson has ticked all the boxes, his late season form showed enough inside grunt to suggest he's much more than an outside flanker. Averaged 23 touches at TAC level, 5.5 tackles & 1 goal a game. Contested work was above 40% as well as 3 clearances per match. Height is perfect, speed under 3 secs, tank above average & he's dangerous in the air. Those rating Constable as a better prospect (Balmer & Anderson) are clearly delusional on this matter. I also note they have ignored the fact that Constable was pulled from the WA game because his tank couldn't cope with a bigger ground. Constable will be a plodder, good luck to the club who takes him.

King Kong said:
Not interested

Balta has a huge upside and in my opinion a high floor. Worst case is a Cam Pederson spare parts player, best case is a tall midfielder. Tank needs work but should hit a 14 beep after a couple of seasons. Great prospect.

CC TIGER said:
Good, be nice for list balance if we did land 2 kpp, I get the feel there’s a dark horse big we will go with

I'm hearing we won't draft Balta and neither will most other teams.

King Kong said:
I'm hearing we won't draft Balta and neither will most other teams.
A younger family member of mine plays with the Cannons. Balta is quite popular with a lot of teams. The coaches have had lots of enquirers about him.
It’s all about location, location, location. Eg which pick he’s available at.

Getting Brander or heavens above Stephenson at 17 would be a dream, it seems that Oscar Allen is going to go before then which is disappointing. Those talking about Balta should remember that he is seen by scouts in the industry as a project player albeit with some upside in the skill dept. I'd be suprised if he goes before our pick 25.

Smoking Aces said:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/11/20/brett-andersons-2017-afl-mock-draft/

I like Anderson, he’s generally good on the radio on draft night and has good contacts in the clubs. In some ways this is the downfall of this phantom though, I feel like some of the later picks he’s put players with clubs that are known to be interested, rather than where they’re likely to go. For example Gold Coast have watched Balta, but I would have thought that was more with view to their pick 19 than pick 42. Similarly Essendon have been heavily linked with Worpel, but he’s more likely to go in the 30’s than the 50’s.

As for our picks, Brander is clearly the dream grab and I reckon there’s a good chance this happens. Bailey also seems a reasonably likely selection, his pace means he’d fit in pretty well with our group. Coleman-Jones is obviously the most speculative. I like him, he seems to be a footballer who happens to be tall (like Nankervis) rather than a bloke who’s tall so plays football (like Hampson). Might be a bit early, but if we rate him over Hayes it could happen.

Whatever happens, I reckon this is the most exciting draft for us since 2009.

Only 3 more sleeps until Christmas.

Our first ever draft as Premiers isnt it?

so is it time we write our dear santa letters?

Dear Footy Santa,

17 - Oscar Allen
20 - Noah Balta
25 - Paddy Naishy,

Ive been really good,

e,t

Add some talls to this crop & we have a decent core all coming through together.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-11-20/tigers-talented-department-of-youth