Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

CC TIGER said:
Just read Brett Anderson’s mock, has Brander getting to us at 17, Bailey and Coleman Jones, bid on PN at 27 and Balta going in the 40s, plus us using 78 on Appleby

I would swap Balta for Coleman Jones under the Anderson scenario and would be happy with our lot. I like the sound of Bailey, would add to our inside mid depth, I also like Ed Richards in this space but he seems to be a bolter and will probably go in round 1 now.

SCOOP said:
I think I’d still take Bonar ahead of Brander and hope he was there two picks later.
I would too, just can't see both being there. We'll be lucky if one is.

spook said:
I would too, just can't see both being there. We'll be lucky if one is.

This is the most wide open draft after the first 4 that I can remember. Deadset raffle.

Smoking Aces said:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/11/20/brett-andersons-2017-afl-mock-draft/

Does Brett Anderson barrack for Essendon? Be shocked if Worpel makes it to 50. Coleman-Jones is more third round, Balta at 40?. Quite a few head scratchers, Petruccelle at 46, Liam Ryan at 26, and so much love for Constable despite being one of the least athletic guys in the pool. Constable's stats have also been unimpressive, only averages 21 touches at TAC level, at state level his kick to handball ratio was 1:2 & he had one of the lowest contested possession % of all the midfielders. Massive stay away for me.

bullus_hit said:
Does Brett Anderson barrack for Essendon? Be shocked if Worpel makes it to 50. Coleman-Jones is more third round, Balta at 40?. Quite a few head scratchers, Petruccelle at 46, Liam Ryan at 26, and so much love for Constable despite being one of the least athletic guys in the pool. Constable's stats have also been unimpressive, only averages 21 touches at TAC level, at state level his kick to handball ratio was 1:2 & he had one of the lowest contested possession % of all the midfielders. Massive stay away for me.
He's a Melbourne supporter

bullus_hit said:
Been looking at a few talls on the Draft machine etc, it says most seem to ave 12-15 touches a game. is that low for jnr talls?

Jonesracing82 said:
Been looking at a few talls on the Draft machine etc, it says most seem to ave 12-15 touches a game. is that low for jnr talls?

That would be about right, talls tend to be very inconsistent.

bullus_hit said:
That would be about right, talls tend to be very inconsistent.

Here is that to"top 25" from last weeks list i posted. thoughts?

https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/2017/11/20/matt-balmers-2017-final-afl-draft-power-rankings-part-2/

Not sure why people are knocking Brett Anderson . With Emma gone he is the best in the business . Furthermore it is not his rankings but the mail he has received .

spook said:
Melbourne. The bloke has no idea.

He does actually has said Prestia and Nankervis to the Tigers also never wavered that Dusty would stay. Does his homework watches local and state footy.

nikolasmia said:
Not sure why people are knocking Brett Anderson . With Emma gone he is the best in the business . Furthermore it is not his rankings but the mail he has received .
Inspector said:
He does actually has said Prestia and Nankervis to the Tigers also never wavered that Dusty would stay. Does his homework watches local and state footy.
Apologies, he does have decent mail. I meant his footy judgment sucks.

Jonesracing82 said:
Here is that to"top 25" from last weeks list i posted. thoughts?

https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/2017/11/20/matt-balmers-2017-final-afl-draft-power-rankings-part-2/

A bit different to my list, honestly don't get the Constable love. Cripps is a contested beast, Constable showed nothing like that playing for Vic Metro, 7 clearances in 4 games is poor.

Smoking Aces said:
Is Brander - Griffiths MK2?

His TAC stats seem to suggest this.

Seems like he lacks intensity but his good is very good. Just gotta hope all this defender experimentation has stifled his development.

Surely there's no chance Stephenson slides to #17?

Should we pick him in the event he is available?

SkillzThatKillz said:
Surely there's no chance Stephenson slides to #17?

Should we pick him in the event he is available?

Couldn't get his name out quick enough, comes with some risk but has all the tools to be the best player in the draft.