Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

Just saw the clip of McCartin in the Draft Machine, i know it's highlights but he has a good mark on him. turning 18 in december gives him an extra yr to develope.

What's the knock on Worpel? Highlights are magnificent, looks AFL-ready and doesn't have a bad don't argue going there.

Jonesracing82 said:
Just saw the clip of McCartin in the Draft Machine, i know it's highlights but he has a good mark on him. turning 18 in december gives him an extra yr to develope.
I wouldn’t be shocked if we picked him with one of our early picks

Kelly looks a beaut but does have a young family that might make it difficult to keep him away from Perth.

tigerlove said:
What's the knock on Worpel? Highlights are magnificent, looks AFL-ready and doesn't have a bad don't argue going there.

He's being undersold by the media, kicking efficiency was under 50% but given he wins plenty of contested ball one can't judge too harshly. Be fine with Richmond calling out his name.

He'd have to slide a bit, but i'd be wrapped if we could get Hunter Clarke with our first pick.

Yeah it’s time to draft some big fellows.
We need some kids who will be ready as jack and Rance start to wind down.

our youngest talls are Soldo Chol Moore and Garthwaite.
Three rookies and a late pick. No disrespect intended, I’m sure they’re fine men.

We haven’t invested significantly (or successfully) in talls at the draft since the Dusty draft.

If we end up taking Balta I hope we go tall again and take Krueger, that kids got some very nice traits.

DirtyDogTiger said:
We haven’t invested significantly (or successfully) in talls at the draft since the Dusty draft.

So we won a premiership by neglecting talls for 6 straight years? ;D

tigertim said:
You mean the story in the HUN?

LOL - Lansberger is the last person I'd listen to. Mental midget with a history of getting draft predictions wrong

Doing some channel surfing checking out some phantom drafts, so many like most years just seem to cut and paste others opinions, however one thing that seems common in the media is that there seem to be a lot of draftees rising up the order and many slipping I’ve the past few weeks. Could well be a very unpredictable draft, I think they’ll be many clubs feeling lucky that the player they drafted was still available at there pick 8-

CC TIGER said:
Doing some channel surfing checking out some phantom drafts, so many like most years just seem to cut and paste others opinions, however one thing that seems common in the media is that there seem to be a lot of draftees rising up the order and many slipping I’ve the past few weeks. Could well be a very unpredictable draft, I think they’ll be many clubs feeling lucky that the player they drafted was still available at there pick 8-
From all the speculation n variable phantom draft selections it just seems to verify that it's an extremely even draft this year. No outstanding super talents to be fought over for the first few selections, rather a solid pool of talent to choose from with club culture n development to impact how well the youngsters grow and improve their talent.
Seems to be the perfect year to draft with a view for needs rather than simply best available if there's so little difference of perceived capabilities.

Still hoping we get to snaffle the lolly shop by getting our three early selections in before we have to match a call on Naishy.