Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

Inspector said:
Could we snag Naish Constable and Oscar Allen with these picks?

Allen to West Coast is firming, think they have their eye on a host of mids in the second round. Constable maybe there at 17 but I would be disappointed if that costs us Balta. I also think we need back-up for Astbury, Sam Taylor is the perfect player at 20. At 25 I'm still working out the best option out of Worpel, Garner & Bailey. Might not even have to decide if Naish gets a bid. At 52 & 54 I'd like Dixon & Hayden. I'd also look at Meek with a late pick.

Gus said:
Teams should be bidding, he's a top 20 talent.
Guess it depends on where in the top 20 clubs rate Naishy n whether they need to consider a small / medium flanker type or a KPP with their available choice. Go home factor also comes into consideration if you an interstate club trying to snaffle a F/S.
With our picks being nicely bunched at 17, 20, 25 it probably doesn't leave much room for another club to try and force our hand, unless someone wants to risk an " early " bid for him.

bullus_hit said:
I definitely take Balta, the danger clubs are the Crows & the Doggies.

Had a look and I disagree with a number of assessments.

* Spargo way too early, plenty of smalls who offer a bit more bang for the buck.
* Taylor has more runs on the board than Petty, 3.17sec/20m spells trouble for a guy who has to pile on 13kg
* Worpel being unsdersold, typically inside mids slide but surely people have woken up after the Graham embarrasment (Worpel's KE similar to Sam Powell-Pepper)
* Some definte TAC bias, best clearance player at state level was Ainsworth
* Hayden doesn't feature but will go top 50
* McCartin a better propsect than Wooller IMO
* Dylan Moore up against it with poor speed & being a featherweight
* Zac Bailey should be a few spots higher
* Hayes obviously ranked very high, massive bust potential
* Trent Mynott too slow & light to be ranked so highly
* Oscar Clavarino being undersold, couldn't see him drifting this far
Cheers for your thoughts, keeps those not in the loop such as myself up to date & i like to have a fair idea of who we call out on Draft night & what they offer etc. will post Top 25 once it's posted.

on Clavarino i saw the game at Punt Rd he played "mainly as Naish was playing & thought his intercept marking to be very good that day. hope Worpel does slide to the 50's we could cash in again. he compliment Graham well?

bullus_hit said:
Allen to West Coast is firming, think they have their eye on a host of mids in the second round. Constable maybe there at 17 but I would be disappointed if that costs us Balta. I also think we need back-up for Astbury, Sam Taylor is the perfect player at 20. At 25 I'm still working out the best option out of Worpel, Garner & Bailey. Might not even have to decide if Naish gets a bid. At 52 & 54 I'd like Dixon & Hayden. I'd also look at Meek with a late pick.
Think from memory we can only take 5 (only 5 spots left on list) so would he slide to Rookie Draft or is he worth our 5th pick?

Jonesracing82 said:
Cheers for your thoughts, keeps those not in the loop such as myself up to date & i like to have a fair idea of who we call out on Draft night & what they offer etc. will post Top 25 once it's posted.

on Clavarino i saw the game at Punt Rd he played "mainly as Naish was playing & thought his intercept marking to be very good that day. hope Worpel does slide to the 50's we could cash in again. he compliment Graham well?

Just on going over the selections I think clubs like Fremantle, Hawthorn & Essendon will be all over him in the forties. Fremantle flew him over for a chat with Rossy so they're keen. Hawks & Bombers need more steel in the midfield as well. If we want him we'll need to grab him at 25.

Jonesracing82 said:
Think from memory we can only take 5 (only 5 spots left on list) so would he slide to Rookie Draft or is he worth our 5th pick?

I'd take him at 74 or rookie, just think there's better prospects around the 50's. My template would be something like this -

17. Balta
20. Taylor/Naish
25. Taylor/Naish
52. Kyron Hayden
54. Hugh Dixon

or

17. Balta
20. Taylor
25. Worpel/Garner/Bailey
26. Naish
74. Meek

Bully this Hayes Character, is he got a bit of Griffo or Tyrone about him if so, we should be looking elsewhere should'nt we it seems he is linked with us everywehere.

Id rather take a Balta and Taylor and shore up the defence going forward in one fell swoop as you have alluded to.

Hunter Clarke sounds interesting would he be around the mark

What about other talls like Paech or Miller later in the draft would they be rookie possibilities ...cheers

SCOOP said:
Stephenson to 17!! Let him slide. St Kilda in the box seat to get him & Brayshaw.

Will be interesting to see what happens with this kid. Seems he was a rock solid top ten selection before the info about his ticker hit the market. Wonder how big an impact this has n how far he slides before a club pulls the trigger n snaffles him regardless of potential future health issues.

Bonar, Balta, Constanable all looking like being there at 17.

If we can just get Naish to last after 20, could walk away with a huge crop.

SCOOP said:

What’s your possible dream result Scooper ?

SCOOP said:

Shouldn't that be after 25 SCOOP? Get to pick whoever we want with our first three picks n then scam Naishy with something in the fifties. That'd be a flaming massive bonus draft for the reining premiers.

SCOOP said:

If Stephenson or Bonar are available at our #17 - It should be a no brainer you pull the trigger

TigerMasochist said:
Will be interesting to see what happens with this kid. Seems he was a rock solid top ten selection before the info about his ticker hit the market. Wonder how big an impact this has n how far he slides before a club pulls the trigger n snaffles him regardless of potential future health issues.

I'd be requesting independent medical assessment if I was in the mix for him. Don't put it past a club to spread bs at this time of year. It's happened plenty of times in the past

craig said:
Bully this Hayes Character, is he got a bit of Griffo or Tyrone about him if so, we should be looking elsewhere should'nt we it seems he is linked with us everywehere.

Id rather take a Balta and Taylor and shore up the defence going forward in one fell swoop as you have alluded to.

Hunter Clarke sounds interesting would he be around the mark

What about other talls like Paech or Miller later in the draft would they be rookie possibilities ...cheers

Hunter Clark I like, beautiful on both sides but lacks composure in the clinches. He's just finding his way as an onballer but there's excellent scope. His TAC form in the latter half of the season saw him become a hardened clearance winner, but I tend not to get too carried away with feats at this level. i'd definitely give serious consideration to picking him up at 17, particularly if the talls are off the board. As for Paech & Miller, both works in progress, Paech is a rookie pick, Miller third round to rookie. Miller's athletic profile is very tempting but you'd want him to become a forward/ruck and not the other way around. That will be the challenge for any team that picks him up.

easy said:
good to see you're around to assist with the draft Gus :fing32

Do you reckon Allen is there at 17 and do we take him if he is?

Yes, Allen would be a great addition. He will transition quickly at a club.

Should the AFL's Draft Machine be up by now? Where are you all finding videos of the draftees as what's available on youtube seems very random and disjointed this year?

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Should the AFL's Draft Machine be up by now? Where are you all finding videos of the draftees as what's available on youtube seems very random and disjointed this year?

it is up TBH

http://www.afl.com.au/draft/draft-machine

Thanks Taz. I've been checking in on the AFL's front page link to the Draft Hub and there's barely been any new content and quite a bit of last year's content still. No reference that I can see to the draft machine. Got it now though.