Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

Agree TS - Can't see anyone bidding unless they want him

All decisions have to be to focus on making your list better - not worrying about what other clubs are doing/ going to do

mrposhman said:
I liked this bit from that article.

"Whispers about the Bulldogs bidding on Richmond father-son Patrick Naish appear to be dying."

They suggest that North could bid on Naish. Its a bit strange that he may go outside the top 25 but has been invited to the draft.

Great point. It’s mixed messages. I hope we get three picks and Naish but I can’t see it.

And Nathan Murphy to Collingwood at 6 is gaining steam. Would be a huge reach for me that high.

SCOOP said:
Great point. It’s mixed messages. I hope we get three picks and Naish but I can’t see it.

And Nathan Murphy to Collingwood at 6 is gaining steam. Would be a huge reach for me that high.

L.Fogarty , Zac Bailey , Ed Richards , Charlie Ballard , L O'Brien

All the above players are really starting to get talked up by the media also

SCOOP said:

And I'm hearing Stephenson has a heart defect, not quite in the Villis realm but still a worry.

Must admit Hine has lost me lately, seems to have a licence to go so left field that the club is even willing to blow premium picks. Reckon if Buckley goes, Hine goes with him.

And just some final thoughts as we edge closer to draft day.

* Sam Taylor ticks most boxes athletically, gets than nod from me as the best key defender.
* Worpel tanked at the combine, massive difference between TAC testing & combine testing
* Miers ran one of the slowest 20 metre sprints

bullus_hit said:
And I'm hearing Stephenson has a heart defect, not quite in the Villis realm but still a worry.

Must admit Hine has lost me lately, seems to have a licence to go so left field that the club is even willing to blow premium picks. Reckon if Buckley goes, Hine goes with him.

* Sam Taylor ticks most boxes athletically, gets than nod from me as the best key defender.
* Worpel tanked at the combine, massive difference between TAC testing & combine testing

Why is it that im getting the Jack Grahams about Worpel sliding to #53

turk-d-tiger said:
Why is it that im getting the Jack Grahams about Worpel sliding to #53

I detect some funny buggers being played, don't think he was carrying any niggles either, looked in mint condition on grand final day. Makes my order of operations easier, Balta at 17, Taylor at 20 & Garner at 25. Will roll the dice on Worpel sliding.

bullus_hit said:
I detect some funny buggers being played, don't think he was carrying any niggles either, looked in mint condition on grand final day. Makes my order of operations easier, Balta at 17, Taylor at 20 & Garner at 25. Will roll the dice on Worpel sliding.

Garner is the player i think we differ on here , I really like to go 3 talls with the first 3 picks

pref : Balta,Allen,Brander,Taylor

But really liking Ed Richards as the small , Very good speed and good disposal under pressure as well as courage , Left footer
I see a Liam Picken and a bit of Heath Shaw in this kid - Nice Houli replacement

bullus_hit said:

Stephenson to 17!! Let him slide. St Kilda in the box seat to get him & Brayshaw.

bullus_hit said:

Why would Worpel tank?

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Why would Worpel tank?

No idea but his sprint, agility & beep (yo-yo) were all down. Will have to dig a bit deeper, but he may have been asked to go easy by a club who wants him on the cheap. Two clubs with no second rounders have interviewed him and are very keen. Sounds absurd but it's happened before.

turk-d-tiger said:
Garner is the player i think we differ on here , I really like to go 3 talls with the first 3 picks

pref : Balta,Allen,Brander,Taylor

But really liking Ed Richards as the small , Very good speed and good disposal under pressure as well as courage , Left footer
I see a Liam Picken and a bit of Heath Shaw in this kid - Nice Houli replacement

Forget about Allen & Brander, they will be snapped up earlier.

bullus_hit said:
Forget about Allen & Brander, they will be snapped up earlier.

I’m thinking Allen definitely goes before Brander now.

I’m not convinced Brander goes before Balta.

Thoughts Bully & Scoop?
Top 25 on monday
https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/2017/11/13/matt-balmers-2017-final-afl-draft-power-rankings-part-1/

SCOOP said:
I’m thinking Allen definitely goes before Brander now.

I’m not convinced Brander goes before Balta.

I definitely take Balta, the danger clubs are the Crows & the Doggies.

Jonesracing82 said:
Thoughts Bully & Scoop?
Top 25 on monday
https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/2017/11/13/matt-balmers-2017-final-afl-draft-power-rankings-part-1/

Had a look and I disagree with a number of assessments.

* Spargo way too early, plenty of smalls who offer a bit more bang for the buck.
* Taylor has more runs on the board than Petty, 3.17sec/20m spells trouble for a guy who has to pile on 13kg
* Worpel being unsdersold, typically inside mids slide but surely people have woken up after the Graham embarrasment (Worpel's KE similar to Sam Powell-Pepper)
* Some definte TAC bias, best clearance player at state level was Ainsworth
* Hayden doesn't feature but will go top 50
* McCartin a better propsect than Wooller IMO
* Dylan Moore up against it with poor speed & being a featherweight
* Zac Bailey should be a few spots higher
* Hayes obviously ranked very high, massive bust potential
* Trent Mynott too slow & light to be ranked so highly
* Oscar Clavarino being undersold, couldn't see him drifting this far

SCOOP said:
Stephenson to 17!! Let him slide. St Kilda in the box seat to get him & Brayshaw.

Brayshaw probably a top 5 pick and could be the player that is selected in the top 3. Stephenson shouldn't slide but might.

year of the tiger said:
Agree TS - Can't see anyone bidding unless they want him

All decisions have to be to focus on making your list better - not worrying about what other clubs are doing/ going to do

Teams should be bidding, he's a top 20 talent.

Gus said:
Teams should be bidding, he's a top 20 talent.

good to see you're around to assist with the draft Gus :fing32

Do you reckon Allen is there at 17 and do we take him if he is?

There looks to be alot of talk about West Coast taking Oscar Allen with pick #13 lately, Looking like Clark or Allen for west coast

Again without seeing vision, I’d like to ad some talls, however I wouldn’t be against getting more unfashionable Graham types , no reason Martin and the Skip can’t play more forward half footy if we have a strong midfield