Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

turk-d-tiger said:
Picks 1 - 10 i believe will go as expected

11 - 20 there could be a few suprises it looks like

L.Fogarty , S.Taylor , J.Petruccelle , G.Miers , N . Murphy , R. Stoddart , E. Richards all being talked up of late
I don't know much about the others, but no to Ed Richards.

Blind Turn said:
From a very good ketchup.
W'ell take Bonar if available at 17 with Balta very much in the frame
Just my opinion but I reckon he goes early, very highly rated before doing his knee.

Blind Charlie said:
Just my opinion but I reckon he goes early, very highly rated before doing his knee.

If he slides it will be due to the tank, bottom 12% in the yo-yo.

bullus_hit said:
If he slides it will be due to the tank, bottom 12% in the yo-yo.

If he slid would you take him despite the yo-yo? Didn't he have a poor season also?

Tigertool said:
If he slid would you take him despite the yo-yo? Didn't he have a poor season also?

Didn't have much of a preseason so one can't judge too harshly. The other weakness I see is his kicking, not that this will be a deal breaker, just see him as a handball first type player. A bit similar to Oliver & Cripps.

Brander I think.

Then hope for one of the other two at 20.

Jonesracing82 said:
If all available at 17, which do we take? Brander, Allen or Balta?

And what if Bonar is there?
For sure it wouldnt happen, but where does Bonar fit in those rankings?

Jonesracing82 said:
If all available at 17, which do we take? Brander, Allen or Balta?
So do most thing there will be atleast one of them available so well as Hayes at 17 ?

Forgetting his talent I’ll be a tad surprised if a club doesn’t bid between 12 an 24 on Naish , it’s a business an clubs know will match a bid in that area of the draft.

Why would a club bid on Naish?
To keep us honest sure, but he's not a superstar.
If they bid we likely match but its outside that clubs control. Far better to concentrate on who they want.
The risk is reasonable that he will want to trade back to tigerland.
Plus clubs like geelong have their own father sons coming up.
So not likely to be an intrstate club, nor geelong.

Maybe its doggies.
Its a business but the aim here isnt to spite the premiers. Club drafting would be focussed on best players.
So i dont know.
And i cant seewhy another club bids until Naish is by far the better option. Is that pre25?

And i feel speed will be rated even higher than normal.
Or coping with pressure and having time.

So players like obrien and petrucelle
And joel garner.

Talls and ordinary mids to slide.
Anyway thats my hope, all i know from this side of the world is what you good folk share.
So thanks scoop bully turk and all

tigerdell said:
Why would a club bid on Naish?
To keep us honest sure, but he's not a superstar.
If they bid we likely match but its outside that clubs control. Far better to concentrate on who they want.
The risk is reasonable that he will want to trade back to tigerland.
Plus clubs like geelong have their own father sons coming up.
So not likely to be an intrstate club, nor geelong.

Maybe its doggies.
Its a business but the aim here isnt to spite the premiers. Club drafting would be focussed on best players.
So i dont know.
And i cant seewhy another club bids until Naish is by far the better option. Is that pre25?
I think it’s a possibility td, simply because if we use one of our first 3 picks on Naish, that’s an extra player available for the other clubs through the second an third rounds. Let’s hope no body bids.

CC TIGER said:
I think it’s a possibility td, simply because if we use one of our first 3 picks on Naish, that’s an extra player available for the other clubs through the second an third rounds. Let’s hope no body bids.
Someone will bid most probably but we are probably lucky that between picks 10-25 there are mainly interstate clubs.

I have posted here before that I know a part time recruiter for a melbourne club and I know that this particular club rates Naish around the 12-20 mark, they rate him very highly. The club in question, which I will not disclose, would definitely bid if they had a pick in that range ...but they don't

I don't know anything about the juniors but I do know that this particular club reckons if we get him for anything in the 20s we are stealing him ! ( and they would prefer that the premiers don't get further advantage)