Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

Murphy bolting into the top 11 helps us immensely. Pushes someone down.

If Hunter Clark is there along with Brander / Balta when we have pick 17?

What do you do?

SCOOP said:

If Hunter Clark is there along with Brander / Balta, what do you do?

You start by giggling uncontrollably like a nervous schoolgirl. Then you start licking your lips like Herbert the Pervert from Family Guy. Once the swelling in your trousers go down, you go Clark as best available, then Brander on needs, then Balta.
You then get the hell out of there before a team before you changes their mind.

Well

Here’s what we already have in our junior squad

Short Garthwaite ........
Drummond Chol Markov
Menadue .......... C Ellis
Castagna ....... Butler
Rioli. Moore stengle
Soldo Graham Bolton
......../......../........./......./

SCOOP said:

If Hunter Clark is there along with Brander / Balta when we have pick 17?

What do you do?

This is a really tough predicament, I have Balta ahead of Clark in my rankings but Balta is more likely to be there at 20.

Blind Turn said:
Once the swelling in your trousers go down, you go Clark as best available, then Brander on needs, then Balta.

the might automatically give us a Bonar

Picks 1 - 10 i believe will go as expected

11 - 20 there could be a few suprises it looks like

L.Fogarty , S.Taylor , J.Petruccelle , G.Miers , N . Murphy , R. Stoddart , E. Richards all being talked up of late

Luckily Hartley wasn’t around when we picked Rance. That was a this or that guy and after much time, Frank said “list needs”.

They did consider Rance and Scott Selwood roughly equal.

turk-d-tiger said:
Picks 1 - 10 i believe will go as expected

11 - 20 there could be a few suprises it looks like

L.Fogarty , S.Taylor , J.Petruccelle , G.Miers , N . Murphy , R. Stoddart , E. Richards all being talked up of late

If Miers goes top 20 it’s a classic flavour of the month pick. No way I’d spend a top 20 pick on him.

SCOOP said:
If Miers goes top 20 it’s a classic flavour of the month pick. No way I’d spend a top 20 pick on him.

I'm really taking a step back from the AFL publicity machine when looking at who will be going early or not.
There's no extra testing going on now, just a bunch of interviews and watching of old video. I'd doubt there will be too many people shooting late up the charts who'd not been talked about a month ago. Maybe 1 or 2, but not many.

The rest is all just PR building up the draft during to get the AFL attention during Spring Racing Carnival.

The_General said:
Luckily Hartley wasn’t around when we picked Rance. That was a this or that guy and after much time, Frank said “list needs”.

They did consider Rance and Scott Selwood roughly equal.

Funny how things look in hindsight, not long ago people were scathing of the Francis Jackson legacy.
Yes he had some misses but the fact is he had a big say in recruiting 16 of the 22 players that hit the field for our Premiership win.

Hartley was also being ridiculed , but all of a sudden Grigg, Houli, Towner, (which we got for nicks), & Caddy, Nank & Prestia are Premiership players.

Glad Clarke has taken the reins but great that Francis is still a scout and involved in the process.

caesar said:
Funny how things look in hindsight, not long ago people were scathing of the Francis Jackson legacy.
Yes he had some misses but the fact is he had a big say in recruiting 16 of the 22 players that hit the field for our Premiership win.

Hartley was also being ridiculed , but all of a sudden Grigg, Houli, Towner, (which we got for nicks), & Caddy, Nank & Prestia are Premiership players.

Glad Clarke has taken the reins but great that Francis is still a scout and in the process.

Inside our 4 walls we always knew how amazing they were.

bullus_hit said:
There's even a chance Hayes gets to our 3rd round pick, all depends on how clubs view his running prospects. Given he was last in the yo-yo & second last in the 2km you'd have to take a very long-term view.
Yeah forget about Hayes.

We should take Balta if he's avaiable.