Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

tigerlove said:
Just ain't gonna happen unfortunately

Cal Twomey’s crystal ball says he’ll get a bid after 20 but before 25.
If he costs us 25 we’ll got points back.
Not sure if they upgrade our next pick with the Points or if they give us a junk pick.

Just watch as the draft gets closer Patrick Naish will drift and people like Twomey will start saying he falls between 20-25 and the chances are we will pick him either with #25 (just to keep us honest or with the 2 3rd rounders)

Naish is ours either way

DirtyDogTiger said:
Cal Twomey’s crystal ball says he’ll get a bid after 20 but before 25.
If he costs us 25 we’ll got points back.
Not sure if they upgrade our next pick with the Points or if they give us a junk pick.

You get a junk pick.

Bid at 21, match with 25 and get back 67
Bid at 22, match with 25 and get back 64
Bid at 23, match with 25 and get back 61
Bid at 24, match with 25 and get back 59

There have been quite a few calls for Bonar & Allen. The latter seems more likely to be at our pick but these guys dont address out lack of height even if Allen plays slightly taller.

Is this thinking coming from Balta, Brander probably now not available or a change in mindset now. Are there not any other talls that warrant a pick in the 20s? I get the best available thinking but not at the complete expense of need.

For this reason i wouldn't be surprised at all if we get Hayes at 17. This is who my money is on. I would rather a key fwd only personally but seems they aren't around our picks. I don't follow the jnrs outside draft highlights which is why i ask.

Brooklyn Tiger said:
There have been quite a few calls for Bonar & Allen. The latter seems more likely to be at our pick but these guys dont address out lack of height even if Allen plays slightly taller.

Is this thinking coming from Balta, Brander probably now not available or a change in mindset now. Are there not any other talls that warrant a pick in the 20s? I get the best available thinking but not at the complete expense of need.

For this reason i wouldn't be surprised at all if we get Hayes at 17. This is who my money is on. I would rather a key fwd only personally but seems they aren't around our picks. I don't follow the jnrs outside draft highlights which is why i ask.

As you mentioned Balta & Brander are the players we would be looking at but if unavailable its pointless taking a player just because he is the correct height and ending up investing a good pick and 4 years development to have another Elton on our hands

Better to always go best available as we did with Shai & Graham

We can always grab Tom Lynch next year ;D ;D ;D ;D

Brooklyn Tiger said:
Kids made dual AA at under 18s n plays ruck plus forward so there's a likely chance he'll be around the ten to twenty draft mark. Couple of snippets I've read seem to rate him fairly well as a player along the lines of a Rory Lobb or Matty Kruezer. Kid needs to build a tank but that's no surprise for a big tall pelican. If a couple of the preferred key position players get picked up before our picks I wouldn't squawk to loud if we picked him up with one of our picks.

turk-d-tiger said:
As you mentioned Balta & Brander are the players we would be looking at but if unavailable its pointless taking a player just because he is the correct height and ending up investing a good pick and 4 years development to have another Elton on our hands

Better to always go best available as we did with Shai & Graham

We can always grab Tom Lynch next year ;D ;D ;D ;D
Totally agree.

Question for the junior observers, there appears to be a second batch of midfielders I.e Clark, Coffield, Higgins do you guys see any of these been sliders ? I note there’s a few talls now starting to be mentioned as possible top 20 picks.

* coffield wouldn’t be a slider, just one of the next lot mentioned outside those top 5

Brooklyn Tiger said:

Balta is over rated on here. Don't believe he is in top 20 contention.

Hayes can't run out of sight on a dark night. That don't suit our game style so can't see us picking him at all

Oscar Allen has some real class. He is our man if he lasts to 17. Surprised we traded 15 given that's about his range

CC TIGER said:
Totally agree.

Question for the junior observers, there appears to be a second batch of midfielders I.e Clark, Coffield, Higgins do you guys see any of these been sliders ? I note there’s a few talls now starting to be mentioned as possible top 20 picks.

* coffield wouldn’t be a slider, just one of the next lot mentioned outside those top 5

Can't see any of the sliding. Both Clark and Cofield are top 12. Higgins is some chance but can't see him getting past Sydney at 14. He suits them perfectly

King Kong said:
Can't see any of the sliding. Both Clark and Cofield are top 12. Higgins is some chance but can't see him getting past Sydney at 14. He suits them perfectly
Thanks KK , I was just using those 3 as an example of that second batch of mids that is getting mentioned in the phantom drafts, is there one you think may slide that some have around 10-15 ?

CC TIGER said:
Thanks KK , I was just using those 3 as an example of that second batch of mids that is getting mentioned in the phantom drafts, is there one you think may slide that some have around 10-15 ?

Someone always slides. It's usually for a good reason though like an injury or drop off from their u16 form

Witherden is a classic last year. He'll be a gun

Lachy O'Brien and Bonar are probably the ones this year for different reasons

King Kong said:
Someone always slides. It's usually for a goood reason though like an injury or drop off from their u16 form

Thanks KK, Yep Burton’s , Lever a great examples of the injury slide.

Bonar may actually be a riser ( no pun intended) I think the hypes really grown since the testing, wouldn’t be shocked to see him go top 10, I’ve never seen him kick a sherrin but from what you read and the situation we are in I wouldn’t mind taking the punt if he lasts till our pick

CC TIGER said:
Thanks KK, Yep Burton’s , Lever a great examples of the injury slide.

Bonar may actually be a riser ( no pun intended) I think the hypes really grown since the testing, wouldn’t be shocked to see him go top 10, I’ve never seen him kick a sherrin but from what you read and the situation we are in I wouldn’t mind taking the punt if he lasts till our pick

:hihi

If I we're St Kilda I'd be locking in Bonar without hesitation. I actually think he should go higher.

Gypsy__Jazz said:
:hihi

If I we're St Kilda I'd be locking in Bonar without hesitation. I actually think he should go higher.

Dream result for St Kilda, Bonar & Stephenson. There is the the thunder and lightening in your midfield.

King Kong said:
Someone always slides. It's usually for a goood reason though like an injury or drop off from their u16 form

talls always slide, esp this yr with few that stand out

King Kong said:

Id be into this guy already if i was the RFC. Come to the reigning premiers play with Rance and Dusty and Jack and Chimpa in front of huge crowds.

He'll be a weapon i remember him cutting us to pieces at times this year racked it up and his footskills were sublime.

Id be happy to see this guy at Punt Road.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but the Inside Football top 20 Phantom (by Chris Pelchen) has us taking Hayes at 17 and Balta at 20. Oscar Allen goes to West Coast at 13 and the bolter is Sam Taylor going to Gold Coast at 19. Reckon I’d be happy with that.