Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

Broders said:
I'd be surprised if Bonar got past St. Kilda

St Kilda will have a few options at their selection's and may go 1 mid 1 kpd imo

hoping Bonar falls through to #17 also

Broders said:
I'd be surprised if Bonar got past St. Kilda

I don't think St Kilda can risk him TBH. A lot of pressure on the Saints to make the finals in the next year or two. That's why I passed him up in the phantom draft.

SkillzThatKillz said:
Key position player who has some good midfielder attributes.

I do want to see what his goalkicking is like from 55m

He's not a great kick which is why the Cripps comparison is spot on.

I assume Naish will be one of 17, 20, 25

I though we might have gone a KPP in last years draft but selected Bolton and Graham with our first 2 picks, a pocket and mid type players. Not holding my breath that we will get a 194+ CM, agile back or forward with these early picks this year. Ruckmen with either last pick or rookie list perhaps.

Best available should still be the policy but some sort of succession planning for Rance, Jack and Astbury should be in the planning now.

Bonar looks like he would improve considerably with AFL conditioning over 1or two preseasons, worth a risk as big rewards await.

tigersnake said:
OK fair enough. I see that as an opportunity. Has a lot of presence. we are Richmond, 191 is the new 194. sign him up!

I agree about Oscars presence. Theres Jon Browns about him. I read he's 193, hoping to reach 195.

apparently he gives heaps of presents too. would be great to have around the club.

easy said:
I agree about Oscars presence. Theres Jon Browns about him. I read he's 193, hoping to reach 195.

apparently he gives heaps of presents too. would be great to have around the club.

So his nickname will be Santa??

;D

easy said:

He's 191cm but his leap makes up for being slightly undersized. He also has a good tank so will continue presenting, could see him pinch hitting in the midfield from time to time.

bullus_hit said:
He's 191cm but his leap makes up for being slightly undersized. He also has a good tank so will continue presenting, could see him pinch hitting in the midfield from time to time.

Do you see him more in the Nick Riewoldt mould then?

Nomorewaiting said:
Am I dreaming?

Would love the 3 B's

Ballta
Balenden
Bonar
AND Naish

2 forwards, 1 Back and Naishy

We already have 3 players starting with B on our list. I think another 3 would make us top heavy on Bs. Until last year we had no Ps and now only have one Prestia. P is quite a popular letter so I think we should be concentrating on players starting with P. Any ideas?

PS We have 6 M's on our list which is why I think McIntosh might feel the pressure on his spot in the team next year.

mrposhman said:
Do you see him more in the Nick Riewoldt mould then?

More Jack Darling, and that shouldn't be seen as a negative. Darling will probably finish his career as a 250 game/500 goal forward.

bullus_hit said:
More Jack Darling, and that shouldn't be seen as a negative. Darling will probably finish his career as a 250 game/500 goal forward.

thats elite, he's more a foil, 250/ 400. But yeah, I'd take it. Never saw Darling's junior vids, but bloody love Oscar's.

(edit, googled him, 150/270 so far, on track for 250/ 450 :), definetly take that)

Smoking Aces said:
Naish, Allen and Bonar would be a dream result.

Does Naish really get picked before Bonar, Allen, Hayes even Ballenden based on talent or because we"re scared of missing out on him? Can't believe the club would operate on the latter.

bullus_hit said:

Agree on Darling but I reckon Oscar has much more competitive beast in him.

BrisTiger24 said:
Agree on Darling but I reckon Oscar has much more competitive beast in him.
Hopefully if we take him he won’t drop sitters in finals…………………………look out Jack, footsteps!

I'm not going to give up on my wish list just yet

* Naish gets a bid after #28
* Any 2 of - Brander,Allen,Balta,Bonar,Richards with #17,#20,#25
* #53 & #55 - Patrick Naish

Rookie
* Scott Jones , Derek Smith