Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

Smoking Aces said:
Allen, Bonar and Naish would be a dream result.

Bonar is the key one. Super talented. Cripps MKII

POS: Forward, Ht 190cm, Wt 89kg, DOB 8/3/99
From Dandenong Stingrays
September ranking: None

Two knee reconstructions in the past couple of years means we haven't seen as much of Bonar as others, but there is no doubting his raw talent and skills. Bonar is a powerful and athletic forward who in time may also play in the midfield, where some see him being a big and strong inside prospect. Bonar's speed and leap came to the fore at the NAB AFL Draft Combine, when he came equal second in the 20-metre sprint (2.90 seconds), top-10 in the agility (8.30 seconds) and also equaled the all-time record in the standing vertical jump (89cm). He found 20 disposals and kicked a goal in the All Stars game, and showed real dash.

With two knee reconstructions already we would need to be ultra confident of his durability

Has any player reached the heights post 2 knee recos as they were pre 2 knee recos?

tigertim said:
Has any player reached the heights post 2 knee recos as they were pre 2 knee recos?
Not sure what his injuries we're, but Ryan Burton was a slider due to similar circumstances

Smoking Aces said:
Allen, Bonar and Naish would be a dream result.

Bonar is the key one. Super talented. Cripps MKII

POS: Forward, Ht 190cm, Wt 89kg, DOB 8/3/99
From Dandenong Stingrays
September ranking: None

Two knee reconstructions in the past couple of years means we haven't seen as much of Bonar as others, but there is no doubting his raw talent and skills. Bonar is a powerful and athletic forward who in time may also play in the midfield, where some see him being a big and strong inside prospect. Bonar's speed and leap came to the fore at the NAB AFL Draft Combine, when he came equal second in the 20-metre sprint (2.90 seconds), top-10 in the agility (8.30 seconds) and also equaled the all-time record in the standing vertical jump (89cm). He found 20 disposals and kicked a goal in the All Stars game, and showed real dash.

Cripps is a really good comparison, right down to the first instinct to handball. Think he'll go top 10, has shown more than Cocky who rocketed up the charts after just one game.

tigertim said:

Best reference is Tom Swift who went from the best u/16 prospect to a late first rounder, only to bomb on the big stage. The difference here is Bonar has still maintained elite athleticism, could be anything really.

bullus_hit said:
Cripps is a really good comparison, right down to the first instinct to handball. Think he'll go top 10, has shown more than Cocky who rocketed up the charts after just one game.

Best reference is Tom Swift who went from the best u/16 prospect to a late first rounder, only to bomb on the big stage. The difference here is Bonar has still maintained elite athleticism, could be anything really.
Yep his testing at the combine was very impressive. I think this has put to bed a lot of recruiters fears about his injury concerns.

Callum Toowey in his last Phantom Draft had him going at Pick 19.

Need to make the best of this years draft, we only have 18, 36 and 72 next year.

With Bonar, my understanding is that his first reco didn't take, so he needed the second operation.

He's built up his load as the year has gone on and tested very well. Massive upside with an element of risk. I would take him if he's available.

Ex Hawk Beau Muston had 2 reco's and slid in the 2005 draft.
Had a 3rd before his debut and never was able to reach his potential.
Was 189cm and a highly touted junior that never recovered his dynamic athletic ability.

If Bonar is available to us - We take him no question

If he didnt have the player fall across his knee and didnt have the 1st operation botched up he would be a top 3 selection this year

turk-d-tiger said:
If Bonar is available to us - We take him no question

If he didnt have the player fall across his knee and didnt have the 1st operation botched up he would be a top 3 selection this year

He's too athletic not to. He's a beast.
Can he mark overhead ?

With three picks, you take the punt on Bonar for sure.

Wouldn’t if I had one pick only.

Blind Turn said:
He's too athletic not to. He's a beast.
Can he mark overhead ?

20mtr sprint 2.90 (elite)
Agility 8.30 (elite)
Standing Verticle jump 89cm (1st at combine)

He has very good hands and an amazing leap with Elite speed & Agility
He is Deledio & D. Rioli fast

turk-d-tiger said:
20mtr sprint 2.90 (elite)
Agility 8.30 (elite)
Standing Verticle jump 89cm (1st at combine)

He has very good hands and an amazing leap with Elite speed & Agility
He is Deledio & D. Rioli fast

He sounds like Hampson MKII

http://bpmultihlsvod5257.ngcdn.telstra.com/vod/ingest_aflfilms_vod/2017/10/941750/VOD_Source/2017-10-10_04-04-56-0861/output_2400kbps_720p.mp4

Bonar highlights!

Smoking Aces said:
http://bpmultihlsvod5257.ngcdn.telstra.com/vod/ingest_aflfilms_vod/2017/10/941750/VOD_Source/2017-10-10_04-04-56-0861/output_2400kbps_720p.mp4

Bonar highlights!

Key position player who has some good midfielder attributes.

I do want to see what his goalkicking is like from 55m

He could really develop into that modern CHF role like Charlie Curnow did this year. Binary is and explosive player. I wouldn't hesitate.