Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

Reckon it's a pretty simple one Tooheys and a valuable lesson for every young kid on our list.

Clayton Oliver is an outright champion, 4 X B&F, 3 AA, at the peak of his powers one of the best onballers in the game, has done 7 or 8 preseason.

BUT missed 85% of this preseason, you can't be elite off that. And then you fold into that all of his issues, it's no shock that he is struggling.

27 in a month. It is possible that we have seen the best of him, alternatively if he has a monster off-season free of issues and he can be elite again. With all the outside football issues attached, it's a harder road back.
The Bolvian marching Powder wouldve been of good assistance also.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear Laura Kane on SEN and ABC last nite?

Not sure I've heard a worse media performer. She is so far out of her depth, does not understand the game at all. She is bad for the game. But because she is a woman, she won't get put in the gun. There I said it. Saying that the Bedford had excessive force in his tackle? What? Kane does not express her message clearly nor does she understand the fabric of the game.

And Dillion is just as bed. For the first time, I genuinely think footy is in trouble with these two at the top, the game is heading in the wrong direction, with the wrong messaging to the public.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Any hear Laura Kane on SEN and ABC last nite?

Not sure I've heard a worse media performer. She is so far out of her depth, does not understand the game at all. She is bad for the game. But because she is a woman, she won't get put in the gun. There I said it. Saying that the Bedford had excessive force in his tackle? What? Kane does not express her message clearly nor does she understand the fabric of the game.

And Dillion is just as bed. For the first time, I genuinely think footy is in trouble with these two at the top, the game is heading in the wrong direction, with the wrong messaging to the public.
And the gaslighting: "I think we all agree footy's as good as it's ever been."

Do we? Is it? Hard no on both from most I'd say.

Reactions: 4 users
And the gaslighting: "I think we all agree footy's as good as it's ever been."

Do we? Is it? Hard no on both from most I'd say.
It’s heading a predictable course, there will be the backlash next week saying criticism is sexist.

Reactions: 1 user

I don’t think it’s because she’s a woman she won’t be put in the gun.
It’s because she’s from the AFL and the AFL propaganda unit won’t attack any of them. When’s the last time Gillian, Dillon, Fitzpatrick, Goyder et al where ever properly brought to task by the sycophantic AFL media?
Having said that, Dillon and Kane are quickly proving themselves unfit for the job. How does a global recruiting company take a million bucks and go “that bloke will do”?

Reactions: 6 users
I don’t think it’s because she’s a woman she won’t be put in the gun.
It’s because she’s from the AFL and the AFL propaganda unit won’t attack any of them. When’s the last time Gillian, Dillon, Fitzpatrick, Goyder et al where ever properly brought to task by the sycophantic AFL media?
Having said that, Dillon and Kane are quickly proving themselves unfit for the job. How does a global recruiting company take a million bucks and go “that bloke will do”?
1721458962883.png

Reactions: 1 users

She was awful. No idea what to do or say when Malthouse fired both barrels at her.

Who on earth at the AFL thought it would be a good idea for her to debate Malthouse on the game itself.
Umm. Corporate HQ. You know it makes sense. Just rattle of half an hour of mindless gibberish with loads of touchy feely platitudes, jobs done.

Is there a link to the Kane v Malthouse interview? Would love to listen to her - I find her totally under qualified for the job and absolutely useless in her explanations of umpiring decisions. Another ‘miss’ from the ALF.

Is there a link to the Kane v Malthouse interview? Would love to listen to her - I find her totally under qualified for the job and absolutely useless in her explanations of umpiring decisions. Another ‘miss’ from the ALF.

google is hard? :p

geez i just listened to it

She said her job is 'to improve the quality of football' and her measure is 'crowd numbers'
Malthouse couldn't have been more dismissive

It remains a good question as to what drives our (AFL) high level of crowd numbers when so many people are pissed off with the umpiring etc. I think it's more our sense of belonging/being part of a club so to some extent many go out of duty and/or excitement when their club rises.

Last edited:

She said her job is 'to improve the quality of football' and her measure is 'crowd numbers'

It remains a good question as to what drives our (AFL) high level of crowd numbers when so many people are pissed off with the umpiring etc. I think it's more our sense of belonging/being part of a club so to some extent many go out of duty and/or excitement when their club rises.
I stopped listening after 6 minutes, I couldn’t stand Malthouses meandering gibberish “questions”.

I think Malthouse was politely cut-off from further comment when he said football is not in a good place and crowds weren’t great, as Kane was espousing. He said nothing after that, other than a fleeting comparison to netball.
Kane is a lawyer and speaks like one - she waffles on the same point and is definitely self assured, very convincing but what she is saying isn’t perhaps 100% accurate.
I just keep going back to the Dangerfield hit on Vlastuin and what wasn’t done by afl to protect Vlastuin. They were already talking about the head being sacrosanct in 2020 yet absolutely NOTHING was done. Now afl is saying that if the tackle is dangerous they will continue to hand out penalties even if it was a perfect tackle. The overturned penalties handed out to Cameron and the gws guy were only overturned on a legality and in the future afl will continue to hand out sanctions for similar tackles.

Reactions: 2 users
Barass thinking Dogs or Hawks. Either way, feels like English back to West Coast is part of this deal. Straight swap Dogs and Eagles or three way with Dogs, Hawks and Eagles. Wonder if we can tie the Baker into that if he chooses the Eagles.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users