Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Surprised no one mentioned Balta today. Thought he was really poor.

Got owned by Larkey and too many times the ball went past him.

We were a tall short today - either Bauer, Ryan or Blught should have played, and then Balta either dominates in defence or goes forward. Today he was nothing.
Think Miller was on Larkey most of the time but Balta has not been great for the past few weeks.

I have wondered if he has an injury but could just be struggling with having to plug gaps.

We were a tall short but most them have ACL’s.

Don’t want to lose him and think he’s best in the backline.

Reactions: 1 users
I think Balta is one of those players who is best left in one position. He’s unsettled moving forward and back and his confidence goes. Has to stay back.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Been bounced all over the joint and is a competitor that doesnt like losing.

Reckon hes had a gutfull and ready for the season to be over. Has been off it for a few weeks.

Is a player that needs to be managed apprpriately as hes a bit of an emotional player and could be swayed if he isnt happy especially with the Tigers going into the abyss.

Can see other clubs coming for him.

Reactions: 1 user
I think Balta is one of those players who is best left in one position. He’s unsettled moving forward and back and his confidence goes. Has to stay back.
This is every player. Ever. They all play better with consistency and continuity.

Potentially Yze's biggest error this year is how he's used Balta. I've never seen an established player at his age, in that form, with his upside, go so far backwards.

Is he a leader? Hmmm.
Enough excuses. He’s in the prime of his footballing career.
I think he is cruising. Like Bolton we need him to stand up & take the wheel. Put it on these guys to perform consistently & lift others up!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Balta is a free agent at the end of next year.
100% guaranteed clubs will come for him.

If Stkilda are going to get gold in return for losing Battle, should we allow Balta to go so we could end up with pick 1 & 2 or pick 2 & 3.
With the current system. We shouldn’t look to extend his contract until next season. That way we could get overs for him if he decides to leave.

Great. Let's sell everyone and wait another 37 years for a flag. I'll mark it in the calender.

Reactions: 3 users
While it must be annoying for him to constantly change positions, he still should be performing way better than what he currently is. Enough with the positional change excuses.

He’s a 100 game veteran now, not some kid in his 2nd year. And if there is an exodus after this year he’ll be looked on as a leader of the team.

He isn’t an A grader. He has potential to be an A grader and has produced A grade performances but needs to be a lot more consistent to truly be considered so.

Reactions: 5 users
I hope this has allready happened, however if it hasn’t geeez I hope Yze says to Balta this morning , I’m playing you back ( my preference) or forward for the rest of the year and that’s how we will be attacking the pre season .

Most players appreciate the stability of a set position, however there has been plenty of top line players who move around, it actually suits some as they stay fresh and love the challenge, I’d be shocked if Balta is that type , it appears he appreciates the KISS theory , I’ve actually experienced this with him in another sport .

I said to a fine bunch of gentleman during yesterday’s game that it worries me Balta could become frustrated with the way his been used and end up wanting to be traded out , I’d like to think our MC are explaining very well the idea with their use of him on the park.

Still don’t like Yze’s original thoughts on why he liked the idea playing Balta forward , that was that he didn’t have good endurance so he would be able to rest more forward , imho that’s just plain *smile* stupid in the way the modern game is played .

Obviously I’m very big on Balta back and even though he wasn’t at his attacking best he didn’t get beaten much in the contest . Imho a slight myth we have atm is our key back depth , I’m not sure we do have much and again why our best back should play there.

Miller much much improved , however more a 2nd 3rd key defender, not sure he will ever be in the class of Broad or Vlaustin , could be his best year, could be better again next year.

Young was very ordinary until he did his knee , not sure he does make the grade now.

Blight , definitely has some talent and the graph should only go up with an AFL pre season , watching him in the VFL I’m not quite as excited as I was after his debut , in saying that I’m hopeful he makes the grade .

Gibcus , what could have been , doubt he can get to what he would have been , lots of mental scars to get through , to much talent to write off , I’m hopeful he’ll still be A grade , geez he’ll need some good luck and it’s going to be a slow burn .

We’ve all called for not turning forwards into backs because we have no forwards , I’d be more then happy to have Bauer, Gray or Lefau spend a summer as backs , not one is a lock AFL forward and outside of Balta we don’t have another proven top line key defender.

We’ve got some talent there , can Yze and the MC get the most out of our big blokes

While it must be annoying for him to constantly change positions, he still should be performing way better than what he currently is. Enough with the positional change excuses.

He’s a 100 game veteran now, not some kid in his 2nd year. And if there is an exodus after this year he’ll be looked on as a leader of the team.

He isn’t an A grader. He has potential to be an A grader and has produced A grade performances but needs to be a lot more consistent to truly be considered so.
A great athlete but lacks football nous.

With plenty of cap space coming up , I’d like us to show some faith in Balta and put a 3 ,4 or 5 year extension in front of him now . Leysy tells me his a free agent at the end of 25 , let’s give him the security to know where his future is as no doubt they’ll be plenty of clubs in his ear , especially the way his been *smile* around this year .

Get it done Blair

Reactions: 3 users
Miller took Larkey, with Balta on Pink. In that scenario Balta should be intercepting at will, and then sprinting forward and launching a counterattack.

That should have been Yze's instruction to him. Didn't see that yesterday. Poor coaching not to get that out of him.

Reactions: 2 users