Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Incorrect.

I’ll give you Balta. Drives me nuts seeing him swung so hard.

But Martin has been played mid and forward as expected. What could NOT be expected was Martin’s inability to get across the grass.

As for Bolton, what do you want? He’s not a midfielder. He’s gone in there occasionally but is sat on as soon as gets a couple of clearances.

It’s not the game-winning move you think it is.

I don’t blame Yze for not wanting to bail out our ailing midfield with the extremely short term solution that is Bolton. He’s trying to build a midfield, not cover for one.

Yze’s hands are tied. Yes, mistakes have been made with Balta but the other criticisms are ignorant.

Disagree - notice how I disagree (hence opinion) rather than stating incorrect like its fact.

Its clear as day when you see Bolton go in the middle (particularly at the ground) that our mid mix just changes. The fact he gets sat on isn't a reason to not play him there, thats why you have role players around him to block and create space for him. Dusty hasn't been a full time mid (note Yze said before the season started he would play a lot more mid than forward, which hasn't happened because guess what, Dusty can't play full time mid anymore.

Its been infuriating watching Shai standing with a paddock of grass in front of him, whilst he has been goal side of the last defender, waiting for someone else to win the ball and distribute it to him, he's been completely wasted at times this year, and some might say, Shai decides to play that far off the defender, I don't buy that, its happened way too frequently this year for it to be Shais idea and not the gameplan.

I like Yze and think he could be successful for us, but he hasn't got these things right this year.

Reactions: 3 users
Yze's biggest failure this year was prevaricating on his opinion that Balta was worth more forward. Once he made that choice he had to stick with it.
And I want him as a back but he could have kept the forward trial going by continuing playing Blight down back. I would've bene fine with that, holding his line on Balta forward while giving us an extended look at Blight. I've asked for that in other threads but he went with Sampson forward and Balta back. Horrible.

Reactions: 1 users
Disagree - notice how I disagree (hence opinion) rather than stating incorrect like its fact.

Its clear as day when you see Bolton go in the middle (particularly at the ground) that our mid mix just changes. The fact he gets sat on isn't a reason to not play him there, thats why you have role players around him to block and create space for him. Dusty hasn't been a full time mid (note Yze said before the season started he would play a lot more mid than forward, which hasn't happened because guess what, Dusty can't play full time mid anymore.

Its been infuriating watching Shai standing with a paddock of grass in front of him, whilst he has been goal side of the last defender, waiting for someone else to win the ball and distribute it to him, he's been completely wasted at times this year, and some might say, Shai decides to play that far off the defender, I don't buy that, its happened way too frequently this year for it to be Shais idea and not the gameplan.

I like Yze and think he could be successful for us, but he hasn't got these things right this year.

Shai is standing in that paddock, precisely where he should be.

He’s waiting for the ball but we aren’t good enough to get it to him, simple as that.

So Yze nods and crosses some names off the list. That is season 2024.

Balta had 6 disposals against the Swans- i know his impact up forward can go beyond disposals, but to me the difference that day was that Tom Lynch was moving freely for the 1st (and only) time this year.

It would be great to know how much of the use of Balta this year has been by design and how much has been necessity.
Yep Balta didn't have a great game playing forward. 3 effective disposals & 4 turnovers, 2 score involvements. His heat map indicated that he did spend alot of time outside 50 though, probably to drag his opponent out to give Lynch more space inside 50.

Shai is standing in that paddock, precisely where he should be.

He’s waiting for the ball but we aren’t good enough to get it to him, simple as that.

So Yze nods and crosses some names off the list. That is season 2024.

I'd agree with that, but I just think Yze got Martin and Bolton the wrong way round from the start. 2nd half of the year I haven't minded as much, similar thoughts to what you've said on another thread, Yze has said to some of the players (particularly the young and fringe players) to sink or swim. Some have sunk, some have swum, and thats what we needed to understand from the 2nd half of the year. Which players can we move forward with, and which we can't.

Reactions: 2 users
I'd agree with that, but I just think Yze got Martin and Bolton the wrong way round from the start. 2nd half of the year I haven't minded as much, similar thoughts to what you've said on another thread, Yze has said to some of the players (particularly the young and fringe players) to sink or swim. Some have sunk, some have swum, and thats what we needed to understand from the 2nd half of the year. Which players can we move forward with, and which we can't.
Agreed Posh

Which means you are right

• Haha
Balta had 6 disposals against the Swans- i know his impact up forward can go beyond disposals, but to me the difference that day was that Tom Lynch was moving freely for the 1st (and only) time this year.

It would be great to know how much of the use of Balta this year has been by design and how much has been necessity.
Don’t look at disposals Brodders. It’s the fact you have two very good marking players and your whole dynamic changes.

not a foward
Back forward back foward

aussie open 2018 watching GIF by Australian Open