Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Handballing instead of kicking it was his only blemish tonight besides that he was very good

Reactions: 1 user
Side-show isnt a huge scalp, but Notorious destroyed him tonight.

Jeez hes a full back.

he's angry. he gave sideshow the *smile* all night.

and when Goldy came down, he gave him the *smile* and destroyed him too.

Alex who?

Reactions: 4 users
Steady on the hyperbole, eZy, but another good game. When Dave is back in the side, Noah will gradually learn that he is able to attack more. Can see him becomimg a Leppitsch-style CHB. Very attacking and with his power running and super-boot, he's going to be a threat on goal.

For those critical of his couple of dodgy HBs, he also dished off a couple of perfect 20/30m ones early in the game too.

But want to see him kicking the low-flying 60m missiles on target as much as possible. Is fearless and backs himself. Love it.

Reactions: 7 users
Those long distance bullet handballs (one with 6.38 to go and another with 5.50 to go both in the first qtr) were things of beauty.

This kid has a unique ability by both hand and foot to lace out bullet passes. This is a great asset in today’s game that will allow him to bust through/over congestion.

Whilst he may never develop the tank to become a winger I could definitely see him thrown into the occasional centre bounce as his career progresses. Let him take the odd centre bounce or play as a big bodied mid for short spells.

I’m not talking permanent mid here. Maybe just starting in the middle when Dusty starts at full forward. He can then drift forward and swap with Dusty. Would create matchup nightmares for opponents. Maybe when Dave is back in the side and we have more options in KPD it could be tried.

Lovin his progress his making, always going to make the odd brain fade , however more times then not an athlete come footballer is better of in the back half then forward imho, fingers crossed we have a new key back for the next decade.

Reactions: 1 users
Geez there is a lot of a young Sir Alex about him... one second does the incredible... the next a complete brain fade! Huge hole filled for the future if he continues his progression!

Lovin his progress his making, always going to make the odd brain fade , however more times then not an athlete come footballer is better of in the back half then forward imho, fingers crossed we have a new key back for the next decade.

He looks like a Labrador on a choke chain to me.

He's straining against instruction, his legs instinctively driving him forward, but the 'Richmond Role Player' tag yanks him suddenly backwards.

I think the disposal errors are mainly due to the layers of reprogramming running through his CPU when he's trying to run kicklong.exe

I was calling out for him to take a kick in all night, and when he finally did, he started shaping up to kick a bomb, straight down the ground, then sort of meandered sideways, then redecided to thump it, but this time to the wing.

Once he learns how to run without choking on the leash (or hopefully, the leash gets lengthened) he'll be an absolute weapon.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Loved Noah’s 30m handballs last night. Quick and direct, better than most people can kick. I reckon he should just hand pass anything less than 30m and use his booming long kick the rest of the time. The boy is seriously skilled..

Reactions: 4 users
Good game. Beat Brown easily. By his nature takes risks so is prone to the odd error but it's exciting.
Putting a bit of pressure on Dave's spot IMO..

Dave Astbury has been the Rock of Gibraltar, Balta will compliment him not threaten his position we have the beauty of Grimesy and Broady being able to play on talls and smalls equally well.

Reactions: 2 users
Developing beautifully, the loss of Rance being a tall meant we were always susceptible last year imo, Grimes obviously picked up slack but having another big it fits beautifully with our structures and gives coaches flexibilit. Astbury in doesn’t push balta out.

He's straining against instruction, his legs instinctively driving him forward, but the 'Richmond Role Player' tag yanks him suddenly backwards.

I think the disposal errors are mainly due to the layers of reprogramming running through his CPU when he's trying to run kicklong.exe

I was calling out for him to take a kick in all night, and when he finally did, he started shaping up to kick a bomb, straight down the ground, then sort of meandered sideways, then redecided to thump it, but this time to the wing.

Once he learns how to run without choking on the leash (or hopefully, the leash gets lengthened) he'll be an absolute weapon.
From memory, he took a lot of the kick-ins for the VFL team in the Grand Final and they were all long bombs to the wing.

Grimes said they call him The Racehorse, so it's the bridle, racing patterns and having to carry a little man he's adjusting to.

From memory, he took a lot of the kick-ins for the VFL team in the Grand Final and they were all long bombs to the wing.
In the last quarter when Willy e coming it felt like 12.