Mykelti Lefau | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mykelti Lefau

Oh come on TF. All of our knee injuries were not the fault of the S&C.

Gibcus was pushed and land awkwardly.
Naismith did it by literally running and jarring his knee into the ground.
Young from memory didn’t even leave the ground.
Without getting too conspiracy theory and I have not read the last few pages, surely a poorly prepared body is more injury prone than a more prepared body? Some of the acl’s may not have been avoidable but when a body is stressed and tired it is prone to being injured. A lot of our players look gassed by 3 quarter time.

Reactions: 3 users
Makes you wonder why this didn't happen under Dimma or barely happened. Fitness staff?? We saw signs in 2023 pre-season on recurring injuries but only from Julius not the club.
It did in 2019.

We had a massive number of injuries in the 1st half of the season. There was that famous game against Port which was the 1st time a Richmond team with Rance, Cotchin, Martin and Riewoldt had taken the field in many years.

The difference was that except for Rance they all got back later in the season.

Fatigue can increase probability of injury, but not much can be done right now given the midfield is either young blokes who don't yet have the tank or old blokes past the peak physical prime.

Joint injuries like Lefau's falling from a marking contest are going to happen occasionally, you cannot prepare for those.

Reactions: 2 users
Horrible horrible news.

Cannot ever recall and injury run like it. 5 ACL's in a year

Yes our S&C program needs a massive review. But those types on injuries are just plain luck. Nothing else.
And 2 of our vfl players as well.
7 acl's at the club.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Was improving with every game and with another preseason under his belt would have been a great asset next to Lynch next year. *smile*, this one hurts probably the most.
Yep.Was improving his craft with every outing.Its a major setback for not only the club but himself.

Reactions: 4 users
Without getting too conspiracy theory and I have not read the last few pages, surely a poorly prepared body is more injury prone than a more prepared body? Some of the acl’s may not have been avoidable but when a body is stressed and tired it is prone to being injured. A lot of our players look gassed by 3 quarter time.
That's what most are thinking. Also why there are so many setbacks in players returning later than originally assumed. I still think that Apollo Bay camp in early 2023 under Dimma was poor. I suppose this year's one under Ooze at Wonthaggi maybe was over-exercising and could be a cause of these later injuries??

Reactions: 1 users
Mykelti has been a breath of fresh air this year, has fast become one of my favourite players to watch, wish him all the best with recovery and just hope he can pick up where he's begun on return!

Reactions: 11 users
Last week Lefau knees Bolton in the head, Bolton is out for 2 weeks with concussion.
This week Lefau knees Dekoning in the head, Lefau is out for season with ACL.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
You can see them in rehab together
We’ll need to build our own private rehab hospital.
Geez I really feel for all our blokes. Just so unfair. Is there anywhere supporter groups can send something to our players to lift their spirits?
Maybe a guest appearance by Zips or someone could give them a cheer up :giggle:

Reactions: 1 users
Geez I really feel for all our blokes. Just so unfair. Is there anywhere supporter groups can send something to our players to lift their spirits?

Zips and Stig double act.

• Haha
Lefau will be back. He busted his ass off and it's a pity we won't see him alongside lynch again this year
Fingers crossed his op goes all OK and he can start the long road back and hopefully we will see him again this time next year.