Mykelti Lefau | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mykelti Lefau

Has that rare ability to break a tackle standing, that only the elites of the game have.

Clunks a mark. Kicks straight. Winner brain.

I'm very happy with this signing.

Reactions: 6 users
Has that rare ability to break a tackle standing, that only the elites of the game have.

Clunks a mark. Kicks straight. Winner brain.

I'm very happy with this signing.
Bloody crying shame he did his knee.

Can’t wait to see him back.

Reactions: 2 users
1 June 2025 return then.
And this is where doing an ACL doesn’t just impact season ‘24 it also impacts season ‘25 and further. So if he returns in June next year he’ll need, what, at least 3 games in the VFL before getting a gig in the ones then taking 2 or 3 games re-acclimatising to AFL. So it’s August before he’s at his best again and as we won’t be playing finals so it’s season over. He’ll get 4-6 AFL games under his belt at best. Then he’ll be 27 with 15 or so games under his belt and focussing on season 2026 (where he turns 28 in June).

My point being it’s gunna be bloody tough and hard for Myke to construct a really good AFL career from here. There’s never a good time or age to do an ACL (or a second one! He did one in ‘22 too) but to do one at aged 26 when you’re just starting your career is pretty shitty.

But good on the club for backing him in and extending his contract!

Reactions: 7 users
That's the issue I have. I think he would be a nasty third tall to matchup on as he's strong both in the air and at ground level..
He may be strong in the air in regards a contest. One reason i suggest we play him as a mid is i dont think he is a good mark.
Its just something that has been nagging me.

Im all for keeping this guy but i would be keeping an open mind to what role we play him in.

Reactions: 1 user
He may be strong in the air in regards a contest. One reason i suggest we play him as a mid is i dont think he is a good mark.
Its just something that has been nagging me.

Im all for keeping this guy but i would be keeping an open mind to what role we play him in.
Not a good mark??? It's one of his strengths. Quick, good leap and strong hands. Very happy we are showing faith in him.

Reactions: 4 users
After his first couple of games could not see what the club saw In him but 14 goals from 10 games he more than proved me wrong.

Could have had a 30 odd goal season all going well.

Happy for him & hope he can get fit & stay injury free.

Reactions: 1 users
I love this guy's humility and determination. He's got enough attributes to make it, just hope he can get a decent run at it.

Reactions: 2 users
Not a good mark??? It's one of his strengths. Quick, good leap and strong hands. Very happy we are showing faith in him.
I too am happy we are showing faith in him. But i disagree he does not take contested marks not so far at afl level anyway.

The other negative is he may be closer to 28 than 27 before he plays another game given he is 26 now.
It will probably take till mid next year to recover from the injury and then he will need to play games in the vfl to get match fit match touch back. There is every chance he won't play a Afl game next year. It is going to be a very tough road and a big ask for him to forge a AFL career from all this.
Here's hoping.

Despite all that im like most others, im glad we have given him a chance. I just disagree that he is a big contested marker.

I too am happy we are showing faith in him. But i disagree he does not take contested marks not so far at afl level anyway.

The other negative is he may be closer to 28 than 27 before he plays another game given he is 26 now.
It will probably take till mid next year to recover from the injury and then he will need to play games in the vfl to get match fit match touch back. There is every chance he won't play a Afl game next year. It is going to be a very tough road and a big ask for him to forge a AFL career from all this.
Here's hoping.

Despite all that im like most others, im glad we have given him a chance. I just disagree that he is a big contested marker.

He turns 27 in June next year.
Yes he does just in time to mend. Then what four five or six vfl games and it nearly season over. Will he play AFL ? Who knows. If he does not play afl until the start of 2026 then he is closer to 28 than 27.

Even if he plays a few games late next year that will mean he has played somewhere between 10 and 15 games in a year he turns 28.

Reactions: 1 user