MRP 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP 2015

Tigers of Old said:
Personally I think what Taylor Adams did last night by deliberately & repeatedly dropping his knees into Westoff's head whilst on the ground, is far worse than what Gibbs did. Whilst the injuries sustained were not as bad it was a considerably worse incident.
Very dangerous and and absolute dog act by Adams. I would give the mug 3 weeks for each time he dropped his knee. Deliberate acts off the ball like that are much more serious than those largely accidental in the act of play. This should go straight to the tribunal.

Would expect his intention and cowardice to be punished severely.

What the AFL has been dreading has finally happened, Fyfe has MRP head high contact.

Don't know who will be sh1tting themselves more, Fyfe, Freo, the MRP or the AFL.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
What the AFL has been dreading has finally happened, Fyfe has MRP head high contact.

Don't know who will be sh1tting themselves more, Fyfe, Freo, the MRP or the AFL.

ha ha CMT... looking at the incident he has to go...

casper68 said:
I don't think Fyfe was going for the ball and he should be in trouble.

There's a rare phenomena, geographically specific to Launceston, where light from a solar flare reflects off spinning space debris, momentarily blinding anybody caught unsuspectingly looking in its path. It's ok though, the MRP are all over it, they're well briefed to take this kind of freak occurrence into account during their review.

He won't get suspended though. We all know this. If the same hit had broken a cheekbone or jaw or wound up with some concussion then maybe the MRP would need to think on it.
They haven't even replayed the incident much. Guzzilion replays of Mitchell's hit on fyfe though where fyfe corked his knee... can't have our good players out...
Confused and inconsistent system.

How was Fyfes anything different to what Cotch did last week. He will get careless contact and medium impact therefore $1500 fine the same as Cotch. Having said that, the MRP have been very good at making similar incidents seem so different when setting penalties.

mrposhman said:
How was Fyfes anything different to what Cotch did last week. He will get careless contact and medium impact therefore $1500 fine the same as Cotch. Having said that, the MRP have been very good at making similar incidents seem so different when setting penalties.
Cotchin was late , Fyfe just went for the man.In saying that l thought Cotch would get 1 week for his incident last week.

Cotchin could get another fine for his punch to Marc Murphy's ribs in the opening minute. I like this unsociable aggression from Cotch. Not as feared as Captain Blood, but he can hurt them in more ways than one.

I'd rather he lay a heavy bump and get rubbed out for 1 week instead of taking a scheduled rest week leading into finals, if he needed a rest. Maybe bump someone against Collingwood... take a rest against Essendon... then help us win our last game against the Kangas before finals.

Funny how some in the media have Tyrone up before the MRP.
What about Kreuzer's elbow to Tyrone's gob. Knocked a tooth out and TV had to have treatment. Surely Kreuzer will be cited. Ruck men need to take more care where there elbows go. Careless, high contact, medium impact. They will have to ruck with one arm held straight up and one arm straight down alongside their leg. As well as nominating who's taking the ruck, they should nominate their rucking hand as well.
;)

willo said:
Funny how some in the media have Tyrone up before the MRP.
What about Kreuzer's elbow to Tyrone's gob. Knocked a tooth out and TV had to have treatment. Surely Kreuzer will be cited. Ruck men need to take more care where there elbows go. Careless, high contact, medium impact. They will have to ruck with one arm held straight up and one arm straight down alongside their leg. As well as nominating who's taking the ruck, they should nominate their rucking hand as well.
;)

Everyone will get let off or fined and Vickery will get 5 weeks because the media seem to dislike him immensely

jb03 said:
Everyone will get let off or fined and Vickery will get 5 weeks because the media seem to dislike him immensely

That's a very likely outcome. Vickery has certainly become the "man in the black cape" as far as the media are concerned.

TOT70 said:
That's a very likely outcome. Vickery has certainly become the "man in the black cape" as far as the media are concerned.

I think its a richmond thing. Remember a few weeks ago, talking about Cotch's slap to the guts (can't remember who on) and they were all saying its weeks etc except for Brown who again was the only one seeing sense on Vickery this week.

mrposhman said:
I think its a richmond thing. Remember a few weeks ago, talking about Cotch's slap to the guts (can't remember who on) and they were all saying its weeks etc except for Brown who again was the only one seeing sense on Vickery this week.

I'm serious, these last few weeks is making me feel like I'm back in the 70's when Richmond bashing was a necessity for the pip-squeak media because we cleaned everything and everyone up on the field.

Oh please God, make this year the same.

Wonder how many bookies are twisting their knickers 'coz they paid out early on Fyfes brownlow. Would serve them right if he copped a week n blew up the result with two months still to go.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
I'm serious, these last few weeks is making me feel like I'm back in the 70's when Richmond bashing was a necessity for the pip-squeak media because we cleaned everything and everyone up on the field.

Oh please God, make this year the same.

The media are certainly making Richmond earn their status as a ladder leader. It is fair enough in many ways, there have been enough false dawns to make the media gun shy. Still, the Bulldogs and even the Saints are getting plenty of media love and their new-found success could disintegrate pretty quickly too. I suspect that years of Richmond ineptitude has created a market for negativity about the club. It is a lot easier to do ninth jokes and laugh at another campaign that ends in tears than to make the call that they are the real deal.

TOT70 said:

These media hanging judges are unbelievable. Fyfe nothing in it, Ty out for 2 or 3, makes me ropeable, fair dinkum