MRP 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP 2015

BrisTiger24 said:
Don't think it matters. They are all just puppets manipulating the decisions for the outcomes that suit the AFL anyway. McLachlin might as well do the match reviews and the AFL can then same themselves some $ from having a panel anyway.

You're probably right Bris. Maybe if our game wasn't a Friday night stageshow, they wouldn't have noticed. There's enough umpires on the ground to notice what happens around them, and Vickery wasn't reported! What is this Big Brother *smile*?

BrisTiger24 said:
Just read the full MRP report. I can only conclude that they are corrupt.

Vickery 2 weeks - same as Taylor Adams for the dog act of putting the knee into Westhoff multiple times (trying to appease Eddie)

Fyfe - only one incident penalised, other overlooked (thereby avoiding a Brownlow disaster).

Longer - fine for an elbow to the head and Selwood penalised 1 week for the chicken wing when even the opposition said it shouldn't be penalised

None of this makes any consistent sense whatsoever

longer's one was judged careless...really?? that's as intentional as they come.....much like how buddy's bump was "careless"

meanwhile mitchell's knee to fyfe was "low impact"???? he was subbed out due to the cork wasn't he?? FFS

we shouldn't just lie down and take this crap....hire a QC and contest it at the tribunal....there's nothing to lose, still 2 weeks if we fail..

I don't swear on this forum (well hardly ever) but what a load of *smile*. Tippet and Franklin and Fyfe all get bugger all for their crimes and Vickers cops two. Called for somebody else's head banging into his. They call it careless and high then what was the elbow he got in his mouth that made him loose a tooth - just a love tap. Corrupt bastards - I hope the Tigers appeal this crap.

YinnarTiger said:
3 weeks if it fails.

But worth it in this case I reckon. Griff and Astbury will be ready in 1 or 2 weeks. McJesus is waiting for ascension to the seniors. Plasma probably needs to get this thrown out or else he'll always have a heap of priors adding to his penalties

stunned - I do not understand the severity

how can that (vickery) be deemed the same as a deliberate knee into the head of a player lying on the ground?????

how can it be worth twice that of buddy running past the ball and shouldering Edwards in the head????????

the MRP admitted they got the Shulz decision wrong - think they got this one wrong to

and to only fine Fyfe - well that says it all............................

jb03 said:
Fyfe getting off was ok IMO.

I thought that the fact he left the ground and jumped into the player head on, eyes off the ball and his forearm made contact with the Hawthorn player high all added up to being found guilty - perhaps luckily his force was low. In real time I thought he was gone but obviously was OK - trouble is I cant tell anymore

year of the tiger said:
I thought that the fact he left the ground and jumped into the player head on, eyes off the ball and his forearm made contact with the Hawthorn player high all added up to being found guilty - perhaps luckily his force was low. In real time I thought he was gone but obviously was OK - trouble is I cant tell anymore

Fyfe's eyes were nowhere near the ball. Coupled with his bad record, I was sure he'd get a week.

Seems like a policy decision not to rub out the Brownlow favourite.

Tigers of Old said:
Thought Ty would get 2 weeks but the Taylor Adams one infuriates me!

Yeah Adams' effort was pretty ordinary, but Westhoff should get a week for being beaten up by a midget.

Soft!