MRP 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP 2015

Not sure. Depends on the line really. Plasma braced himself and leant into the contact that was going to happen which was no fault of his.

If Plasma gets done I reckon there will be a fair bit of angst amongst the players over it.

Vickery should have feigned holding his head after the incident - thus suggesting a head clash - that would have got him away from the MRP. I've watched it and watch it and it is shoulder to shoulder with Jamison's head jerking forward and hitting the base or neck of Vickery - at no point in the incident did Vickery's shoulder hit Jamison's head.

But who knows with the MRP and Vickery's record.

Hey ToO back in our day we would have been on our feet cheering - saying great bump. Today's netball driven rules prevent this great gladiator excitement.

jb03 said:
Everyone will get let off or fined and Vickery will get 5 weeks because the media seem to dislike him immensely
Just as well Commetti isn't involved with the MRP or Ty would get life. He's never liked Ty (actually doesn't like Richmond ruck man, he was the one who started bleating about Stafford throwing elbows), but the hatred has reached new levels this year after the Cox incident last season. He may get cited, but the incident looked entirely accidental. There wasn't a lot of force behind Ty at the time he ran into Jamison, and the only reason Jamison wound up on the bench for the rest of the game was that their heads clashed. Now if you want to argue that Ty deliberately tried to headbutt Jamison, go for your life Carlton, you'll be laughed out of the room. I doubt anyone will say anything about the Cotchin Murphy thing, it was hardly even noticed by the commentators.

I'd like to see Fyfe get 2 weeks just to see how the AFL handle it. They changed the rules this year to ensure Fyfe could win even if there was a minor indiscretion. Imagine if Fyfe gets suspended and wins thw Brownlow by the landslide he's expected too. I reckon we could see a rule change to stop that happening

I'll be surprised if Vickery gets off with no penalty. Jameson didn't run in to Vickery -- it was Vickery who deliberately initiated the contact. It doesn't matter if the head clash is accidental, as the same penalty applies.

No one should expect to be concussed so far from the ball, especially being blind-sided. I'd hate to see Tippett do the same thing to Alex Rance, with no penalty, as Rance runs back to guard Franklin.

If you have a closer look at the bump, Vickery ran towards Jamison, but on contact Vickey actually pulled up and was standing still when Jamison it him.

AcKeR said:
If you have a closer look at the bump, Vickery ran towards Jamison, but on contact Vickey actually pulled up and was standing still when Jamison it him.

If he gets rubbed out he has good grounds to appeal.

Just read the full MRP report. I can only conclude that they are corrupt.

Vickery 2 weeks - same as Taylor Adams for the dog act of putting the knee into Westhoff multiple times (trying to appease Eddie)

Fyfe - only one incident penalised, other overlooked (thereby avoiding a Brownlow disaster).

Longer - fine for an elbow to the head and Selwood penalised 1 week for the chicken wing when even the opposition said it shouldn't be penalised

None of this makes any consistent sense whatsoever

The MRP have lost it completely. Looking forward to AFL360's take on it this evening

Also wonder how many times Mitchell will be allowed to put his knee into an opponent during a contest now. There are different rules for different players.

NFI

He put himself between Jack and as soon as he saw jamison had not seen him stopped and stood still. Jamison runs into him!

I am dumbfounded!

ninjahaha said:
NFI

He put himself between Jack and as soon as he saw jamison had not seen him stopped and stood still. Jamison runs into him!

I am dumbfounded!
Yes, he's paying for Jamison's lack of awareness and the fact that their heads accidentally clashed.

Baloo said:
The MRP have lost it completely. Looking forward to AFL360's take on it this evening

Yep. Get these past footballers out of the MRP and Tribunal, and get independent judges with some legal experience/qualifications in there!!

TigerForce said:
Yep. Get these past footballers out of the MRP and Tribunal, and get independent judges with some legal experience/qualifications in there!!

Don't think it matters. They are all just puppets manipulating the decisions for the outcomes that suit the AFL anyway. McLachlin might as well do the match reviews and the AFL can then same themselves some $ from having a panel anyway.