MRP 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP 2015

Re: Maric 1 week Cotchin $1000 fine

Inspector said:
Do we go with Vickery and Griffiths in the ruck and bring in a runner like Lennon or being in McBean or Hampson depending on fitness.

On form you'd think McBean is the inclusion.

French Tiger said:
Prob fair enough to be honest

Perhaps, but I hope the coach isn't displeased. Maric was getting blocked all day and was protecting his space with a "Don't be doing that, young fella". Performed better after the incident, also.

Thought the umpires did a *smile* job all round and could've nipped it in the bud early.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Perhaps, but I hope the coach isn't displeased. Maric was getting blocked all day and was protecting his space with a "Don't be doing that, young fella". Performed better after the incident, also.

Thought the umpires did a sh!t job all round and could've nipped it in the bud early.
Did Greene also get fined and has anyone asked why Steele was there in the first place? He was running in as the umpire threw the ball. I thought the rucks were allowed to contest it before someone else ran in.

Inspector said:
Do we go with Vickery and Griffiths in the ruck and bring in a runner like Lennon or being in McBean or Hampson depending on fitness.

Think Hampson is injured. Not good enough for AFL anyway. Griffiths would have to be doubtful as well with an injury. Who plays ruck then???

CarnTheTiges said:
Did Greene also get fined and has anyone asked why Steele was there in the first place? He was running in as the umpire threw the ball. I thought the rucks were allowed to contest it before someone else ran in.

Greene was fined $1500

CarnTheTiges said:

Seen it happening a bit lately, a second player interfering with the opposition ruckman. They need to sort this out, it's becoming farcical at times in many games.

a week for Ivan is a joke. not surprised, but Buddys and Ivans chalk and cheese. Farce

tigersnake said:
a week for Ivan is a joke. not surprised, but Buddys and Ivans chalk and cheese. Farce

I think the joke is the 1 week for Buddy. I reckon the 1 for Ivvy is about right

tigersnake said:

Ivan doesn't wear red and white like Buddy, Tippett, Goodes, Barry Hall etc.

Schulz cleared! I just can't believe it.

Wouldn't want to leave Port without a go-to forward and have their supporters drop off.

Did Mark Evans stick his head in the door to "see what direction things were going" this week?

Cannot follow it. Give up.

tigerlove said:
Seen it happening a bit lately, a second player interfering with the opposition ruckman. They need to sort this out, it's becoming farcical at times in many games.

I thought they had to nominate the ruckmen at throw-ins and ball-ups. Bloody farcical if they do, then another is allowed to come 3rd man up. It's happening all the time.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Schulz cleared! I just can't believe it.

Wouldn't want to leave Port without a go-to forward and have their supporters drop off.

Did Mark Evans stick his head in the door to "see what direction things were going" this week?

Cannot follow it. Give up.

So you can slam a player's head into the ground knocking them out. Here I was thinking that you couldn't.....

MRP needs a review!
the Schulz decision is rather odd.
happy to see Spitter Greene told to open his wallet.

Justifying it with "one motion" logic. When they nailed Jake King for a sling tackle they conceded it was "one fairly fluid motion". But King gets two weeks anyway.

No consistency, they will say whatever is necessary to justify the desired outcome. As much credibility as James Tird.