MRP 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP 2015

Lids had more than enough time to veer off his line or attempt a tackle instead of bump. I'm very happy with 1 week for him.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Lids had more than enough time to veer off his line or attempt a tackle instead of bump. I'm very happy with 1 week for him.

Not much damage done. More just a high bump more than anything else. It was a bit reckless and could have been worse but it wasn't. A week is about right.

Tigers of Old said:
Not much damage done. More just a high bump more than anything else. It was a bit reckless and could have been worse but it wasn't. A week is about right.

Yep, he was lucky because he hit him in a way that could have been much worse, fortunately White has a good chin.

Not overly concerned with Lids 1 week, but what I can;t grasp is how Shaws was graded the same. Leading with his elbow, off the ground, connection with the head and the player sat on the bench for almost an entire quarter recovering. So far away from the impact of Lids, but graded with the same impact.

I get Lids maybe should get the week, but surely Shaws should have been graded higher than Lids?

MATCH REVIEW PANEL - ROUND 5
Alex Rance (Rich) misconduct for throwing ball into face of Joel Selwood (Geel). $1500 fine; $1000 with guilty plea.
Steven May (GC) rough conduct to Tom Rockliff (BL). Careless, high impact, high contact. 3 matches; 2 with guilty plea.
Nick Robertson (BL) striking Tom Nicholls (GC). Intentional, low impact, body contact. $1500 fine; $100 with guilty plea.
Luke Hodge (Haw) striking Andrew Swallow (NM). Intentional, high impact, high contact. Referred to tribunal.
Jordan Lewis (Haw) striking Todd Goldstein (NM). Careless, high impact, high contact. 3 matches; 2 with guilty plea.

Investigated but not charged:
Taylor Duryea (Haw) striking Andrew Swallow (NM).
Luke Parker (Syd) rough conduct to Clay Smith (WB).
Lynden Dunn (Melb) rough conduct to Michael Walters (Fre).
Colin Garland (Melb) rough conduct to Matthew Pavlich (Fre).

Jordan Lewis hit on Goldstein was intentional.
Hodge great player - always been an aggro yob - hope they chuck the book at him.
Rance - silly.

May has to challenge that. He was contesting the ball, his best chance of winning it was to bump Rockliff. Accidental head clash ala Ballantyne last year. Ballantyne got off and so should May, would be disappointed to see a player miss for that.

I think it is a disgrace that May got the same as Lewis, they were contesting the ball, it should have been a caution. I hope Eade contests it.

I am sure that all fair minded football followers agree with you. May should not have a case to answer let alone weeks. Wonder what the decision would have been if Rockliff was a no namer in his first game

I hope Dumpire Nicholls gets a few weeks holiday in the bush for not reporting Hodge then and there. The blind pr!ck was no more than 10 feet away from the incident and had a full view of it.

I guess after umpiring the last two Hawthorn Premierships and Hodge winning the Norm Smith he didn't have the guts to do it.

May appealed and lost. 3 weeks. Tough. But as long as the tribunal are consistent this year then fair enough.

Baloo said:
May appealed and lost. 3 weeks. Tough. But as long as the tribunal are consistent this year then fair enough.

They have already shown they are not consistent Baloo, there is no way May's action was as bad as Lewis, but same penalty 2 weeks for a guilty plea

Baloo said:

Not sure what they expected May to do.
Do you stop chasing the footy in case your opponent gets a bump?

Soccer mum mentality

4 weeks for Vickery, 3 weeks for Yarran and Hodge. Not being partisan here, but that is not right.