Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Was in our bests today as a mid. Looked the most dangerous player out of the centre. And doing repeat sprints for 20 minutes after the game!

Reactions: 6 users
Who was on the phone to Junior?

Mini has said it wasn’t him.
Apparently his Amazon Prime subscription was about to be cancelled, and his NBN account was overdue, he was eligible for a new environmental friendly shower head, and LED light bulbs.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Got some footy and freedom today a few more outings like that will do wonders for his confidence and help him finish the year off strongly whether he gets another run in the ones or not.

Saw the first 2 and half quaters , found a bit of the ball as anyone who’s going to make the grade at AFL should playing midfield at VFL level , thought his endeavour was first class as it usually is , though again far from impressed by his ball handling and skills , however I see today as a very small step in the right direction

Reactions: 4 users
Never thought that it was possible for someone to out Georgie Georgie. But I reckon Moju managed to make Georgies efforts look like Silk Burgoyne at full pomp.
Never gunna bag the kid for effort or intent, he's trying plenty, but skills, balance n decision making were again mostly bloody abysmal.
Pleasing that he got plenty of mid field game and he needs to get a raft of game playing mid but there's something simply not working right for him lately. It's like he's trying to play every moment of the game at absolute full throttle and trying to find ten possible options all at the same time.

Good to see Maurice had 23 touches. I don't know how you teach someone composure but I feel MJ could benefit from acquiring some.

It's great that he managed to see plenty of the ball. I think that's the most important thing for him right now. Your mind can race in pressure situations and this leads to bad decisions and disposal. The more exposure he can get to feeling the pressure with ball in hand, the better he will get at dealing with it. First and foremost he needs to get his confidence up. I don't really think he is a midfielder but for the above reasons I think it's good for him atm. Personally I would let him play out the remaining 5 games in the 2s. He's contracted for 2024 and can give it his best shot next year.

Reactions: 1 users
Played well in the midfield yesterday. Needs a new pair of boots though

Good to see Maurice had 23 touches. I don't know how you teach someone composure but I feel MJ could benefit from acquiring some.
MJ had a team high 7 tackles yesterday too.

Good to see him win some of his own footy.

Ultimately this midfield role would be about freeing his mind set & hoping it improves his offensive game.
Definitely a positive step.

Reactions: 1 user
MJ had a team high 7 tackles yesterday too.

Good to see him win some of his own footy.

Ultimately this midfield role would be about freeing his mind set & hoping it improves his offensive game.
Definitely a positive step.
It’s the role he played last season( I think) before coming back into the senior side and showing great improvement

Reactions: 1 user