Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Couldn’t believe my eyes when I finally saw the full footage of the incident today where it showed that after initially gesturing the phone away, Maric actually presents it again and this time MJR takes the call.
What disgraceful editing of media coverage to create a narrative
Is the big Stig a video editor?

Reactions: 1 users
The amount of sh**ting on our own players never ceases to amaze me. I left one so called "supporters" site because of all the trolling and pathetic keyboard warriors jumping on our own and it's no different here.

It makes me wonder if you're (seriously if you're an adult and you don't know the difference by now between your and you're go back to school) fans or supporters at all or just frustrated hacks who never pulled on a boot at any level.

Yet many of you are all somehow magically experts offering advice (mostly pathetic uneducated advice that stand out like dogs balls that you have no idea what you're talking about) to kids you couldn't get near in a football sense. The Maurice stuff this week shows again what a lot of pretenders you are.

Do better.

It's in the name - supporter.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
The amount of shitting on our own players never ceases to amaze me. I left one so called "supporters" site because of all the trolling and pathetic keyboard warriors jumping on our own and it's no different here.

It makes me wonder if you're (seriously if you're an adult and you don't know the difference by now between your and you're go back to school) fans or supporters at all or just frustrated hacks who never pulled on a boot at any level.

Yet many of you are all somehow magically experts offering advice (mostly pathetic uneducated advice that stand out like dogs balls that you have no idea what you're talking about) to kids you couldn't get near in a football sense. The Maurice stuff this week shows again what a lot of pretenders you are.

Do better.

That’s fine
You can’t have your opinion
You can have a whack at me , that’s fine
I hope the kid has a great career . Was hoping he would kick a bag last weekend
But maybe his aspirations are greater than his ability !
Most recruiters I know at other clubs say if his surname wasn’t Rioli he wouldn’t be on an AFL list , why ?
He hasn’t got the skills
Wind back the clock 4 years and I remember Matty Clarke telling the Club80 function that RCD was “ Cripps” like
Nearly choked on my Parma that night
You know what , clubs do get it wrong and some get in horribly wrong as per Norths list
As for Junior , facts are his kicking is extremely average and I believe the club did the wrong thing bringing back from the VFL
If you can’t hit the scorecard or get a kick in the VFL , how on bloody earth you suppose to get a kick in the AFL
Seriously
Rant over !

Last edited:
The amount of shitting on our own players never ceases to amaze me. I left one so called "supporters" site because of all the trolling and pathetic keyboard warriors jumping on our own and it's no different here.

Do better.

I have zero idea .

The bigger issue is his disposal, and decision-making.
Neither are AFL quality; yet.
Not sure the kicking is correctable unfortunately.
To be fair, his kicking skills don't matter as much if he is kicking goals...but he isn't

Mini in his press conference suggested to wait until training, before deciding the ins and outs, also mentioned "integrity selection" (rewarding the players in VFL in great form. On this basis., I'm guessing only, there will be 2 changes (Banks & MJ). HRS (from sub) & Cumberland in with a smokie JT as sub.

Reactions: 1 user
Mini in his press conference suggested to wait until training, before deciding the ins and outs, also mentioned "integrity selection" (rewarding the players in VFL in great form. On this basis., I'm guessing only, there will be 2 changes (Banks & MJ). HRS (from sub) & Cumberland in with a smokie JT as sub.
Be pretty surprised if Hugo got picked tbh. Showed very little as sub.
If we refer to Maurice's kicking skills as needing work then Ralphsmith is in the same boat.
We've got to have a real focus on kicking skills on draft day from here in.

The amount of sh**ting on our own players never ceases to amaze me. I left one so called "supporters" site because of all the trolling and pathetic keyboard warriors jumping on our own and it's no different here.

Do better.

I support the club to Do better It’s about getting the best side possible out on the park
ATM we have better options than gifting games to MJ
He can go back to the VFL and earn his spot

Do better.

I'm in my 60's and have been a Tiger's supporter from about 7 years old. I consider all the players as part of the Tiger family (the supporters kids). It astounds me how some so called supporters talk about some of our player's. In this modern era it should be about encouragement.

Do better.

I dont claim to be able to spell but im not sure what makes you more expert than anyone else who you disagree with

Also dont see the problem with bagging players where it is due just because you love your kids doesnt mean you dont put a foot in there arses when required

Draft profile from - https://central.rookieme.com/afl/player/maurice-rioli-jnr/#:~:text=He could be a type,games with glimpses of brilliance
"Maurice...has all the familiar traits you would come to expect given his pedigree; with tenacious tackling, freakish goal sense, and eye-catching speed among his greatest assets. He also followed in the footsteps of Cyril Rioli in moving from the Tiwi Islands to board at Scotch College, though he has not been able to get on the park at school or for the Oakleigh Chargers in 2020. The small forward/midfielder did manage to impress at senior level for St Mary's though, helping his NTFL side make the 2019/20 Grand Final.
STRENGTHS:
  • Speed
  • Agility
  • Tackling
  • Defensive pressure
  • Goal sense
IMPROVEMENTS:
  • Sustained impact/consistency
"...On the ball, Rioli is the type of player to pop up with moments of magic; able to shark clean possession and boot goals from improbable positions. His smarts at ground level allow him to win the ball, with his agility then setting him free, and a natural finishing acumen ensuring he takes full toll on the opposition inside forward 50."

Comment: He played well up in his home base of Tiwi Is, but could not play for his school team or the Oakleigh Chargers in 2020 due to Covid and sport cancellations. This is when he would have been 17, turning 18 so that was a critical development that he missed especially getting used to our Melbourne winter. Since he displayed the skills back then (that some don't think he possesses), like reading the ball off the pack, picking it up cleanly at ground level, kicking accurately and snapping difficult goals, then something has gone wrong in the role he's been asked to play at RFC. As someone said earlier, just let him go out and play in the VFL team as an offensive forward who can also chase when required, just like he used to in his late teens. Let's stop trying to make him a purely defensive forward because he's losing his confidence as each week goes by. Perhaps he's waiting for an oppo player to get the ball so he can chase rather than winning it himself first. He might need to play VFL for the rest of the year and that's ok with me unless he kicks bags of goals week after week but I doubt we'll see that for a while.
Is there a chance he's homesick?

I support the club to Do better It’s about getting the best side possible out on the park
ATM we have better options than gifting games to MJ
He can go back to the VFL and earn his spot
isnt it about getting the side ready for a grand final?
The bigger picture isnt just this week

Obviously you can’t take a joke . Lighten up !
Can you make jokes that dont belittle our players?
There's a time to have a good natured dig and a time when its joining in the pile on with your boots.

Nigel was miles in front of cumbo in fact I’d have juddy Clarke in ahead of cumbo too. Would love to see nipper get a game he’s really gone up a notch since drafted , consistently 20-25p a week which is excellent first year VFL or is it his second

Can you make jokes that dont belittle our players?
There's a time to have a good natured dig and a time when its joining in the pile on with your boots.
It humour champ ! Don’t like it . Don’t read it .